U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-04-2006, 01:58 PM

11 posts, read 68,469 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Lawrence, KS to go to school at the University of Wyoming in the fall of 2007. I have been searching the internet (newspapers, etc.) looking for rental property for an apartment. I know there probably isn't a lot available right now since it is the middle of the school year, but I was curious if anybody knew of particular Rental/Property Management businesses that usually have a lot of options to choose from, at an affordable rate. I realize that the cost of rent has gone up in the past few years, but again, I'm just a lousy old college student that isn't too wealthy .

I also have another question (or two) about the University itself, I suppose. I am moving there with my twin brother and we were curious about in-state residency (for tuition costs) and how to go about that. Our plan, for now, is to move there (if possible) at the beginning of the summer and work all summer and hopefully be able to attain "in-state" status. I have researched it a lot on the school's website, and have read through the 'regulations' and what-not. I guess my question is this: Does anyone know if the University is difficult to approve a student for in-state residency?

Thank you for your help, I look forward to hearing back from all of you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2006, 04:09 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 1,633,758 times
Default Uw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkucza View Post
I am moving from Lawrence, KS to go to school at the University of Wyoming in the fall of 2007. I have been searching the internet (newspapers, etc.) looking for rental property for an apartment. I know there probably isn't a lot available right now since it is the middle of the school year, but I was curious if anybody knew of particular Rental/Property Management businesses that usually have a lot of options to choose from, at an affordable rate. I realize that the cost of rent has gone up in the past few years, but again, I'm just a lousy old college student that isn't too wealthy .

I also have another question (or two) about the University itself, I suppose. I am moving there with my twin brother and we were curious about in-state residency (for tuition costs) and how to go about that. Our plan, for now, is to move there (if possible) at the beginning of the summer and work all summer and hopefully be able to attain "in-state" status. I have researched it a lot on the school's website, and have read through the 'regulations' and what-not. I guess my question is this: Does anyone know if the University is difficult to approve a student for in-state residency?

Thank you for your help, I look forward to hearing back from all of you!
I'm not sure about the residency. Our daughter goes there but of course is a resident. Call the university and ask. I know that for hunting you have to be here for one year.

You can also ask the U about rentals. If you call the admissions office they can either help you or send you to someone who can.

I hope you like UW. Our daughter is an RA this year. She is in pre-pharmacy and absolutely loves Laramie and the school

Old 10-04-2006, 11:38 PM

11 posts, read 68,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHT View Post
I'm not sure about the residency. Our daughter goes there but of course is a resident. Call the university and ask. I know that for hunting you have to be here for one year.

You can also ask the U about rentals. If you call the admissions office they can either help you or send you to someone who can.

I hope you like UW. Our daughter is an RA this year. She is in pre-pharmacy and absolutely loves Laramie and the school
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I just figured I would ask about the residency because there a bunch of stipulations that are involved with it, and didn't know if anybody might know!

As far as the 'recreation' part of Laramie, exactly how far away are running/hiking/biking trails. I know it is surrounded by several Nat'l Parks/Forests, but are there any actually in Laramie?

What about biking? Is it a "biker friendly" place? (That's kind of a random question, sorry ) Is everything pretty close? Just thought I would check. Thanks a lot for the help!

Old 10-08-2006, 07:30 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 1,633,758 times
Default Laramie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkucza View Post
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I just figured I would ask about the residency because there a bunch of stipulations that are involved with it, and didn't know if anybody might know!

As far as the 'recreation' part of Laramie, exactly how far away are running/hiking/biking trails. I know it is surrounded by several Nat'l Parks/Forests, but are there any actually in Laramie?

What about biking? Is it a "biker friendly" place? (That's kind of a random question, sorry ) Is everything pretty close? Just thought I would check. Thanks a lot for the help!
I would check with the admissions office of UW about residency.

The "recreation" part of Laramie - about 1/2 hour from town. No National Forest in Laramie.

Laramie is a very "bike friendly" town - according to my daughter who goes to UW. Laramie is not a very large town so everything in town is fairly close. In general - nothing in WY is very close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming