Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 06:22 PM

4 posts, read 6,667 times

Advertisements

Look like my days of inexpensive cell service are over . I'm planning my move from Houston to Douglas and it is looking like I will have to change cell providers. I am currently with Cricket and pay $45/month for unlimited talk, text, and data. Cricket doesn't have coverage in most of Wyoming, so it looks like I'll have to switch.

Are there any budget cell providers in Wyoming? What do you use?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 PM

117 posts, read 526,783 times
There are no budget carriers available in that area. Here's a rundown:

Most budget carriers use Sprint or T-Mobile's network (aside from Cricket, but even Cricket roams on Sprint off-network, which is why it won't work for you here). Those two only have native coverage in Cheyenne. Most resellers / budget carriers can not roam off of the native network of the host carrier.

Verizon has good coverage in Wyoming, and great data speeds.
Union is the local company, and has the BEST coverage. They do have some high-speed areas.
at&t has a pretty fast network, decent coverage in most of the state, and roams on Union where it doesn't have service.

None are cheap. All are decent.

That's it for Douglas.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,420,226 times
I agree with above except that I found zero difference in Union and Verizon coverage (Verizon for personal, Union for business) ~ Union didn't do so well when looking at roaming/travel outside of the region which is why I paid for Verizon.

It's not that bad though, we have more minutes than we can use (1500 or some-such, unlimited to other VZW numbers), and unlimited SMS/data for ~$97/month between 2 devices. Granted, this is a "grandfathered" plan, no idea what they charge these days.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:13 PM

89 posts, read 135,960 times
A friend has straight talk from wall mart and it seems to work everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming