Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:28 AM

692 posts, read 1,706,940 times

Advertisements

To answer your original question, there is no place in Wyoming that is not a peaceful place to be. There is an author/theologian by the name of C S Lewis that has written many books about inner peace. He came to believe very late in life. He wrote a book called "The Screwtape Letters". This book is a form of satire. It is written from the viewpoint of Screwtape who is one of the ranking demons in the army of Satan to a demon underling named Wormwood.
Screwtape in his letters advises Wormwood on how to make life for humans on earth meaningless and hopeless. To do this Screwtapes perverts what GOD says in the Bible about how humans can lead a life of hope and meaning by following His instructions in the Bible. I myself have spent many hours reading C S Lewis and the Bible and have come to realize that the instructions God gives us for leading our lives does give us hope and meaning. Mrs. Eiafjam and I pray in the morning together, before every meal, and read passages either from the Bible or a chapter from C S Lewis every day. This has allowed us the hope and meaning in life that we have now. This takes discipline and devotion in our Saviorand the faith that he is there in both good times and badno matter what. This is the only path in my opinion to what we as humans call inner peace. Welcome to Wyoming if this is where GOD leads you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 AM

24 posts, read 40,040 times
I truly believe it is where God is leading me. I have almost finished reading "The Story" - a shortened and simplified version of the bible. And simultaneously, The Battlefield of the Mind, which talks about satan messing with your thoughts. My mom died in 2011 and I am finding God's word to be my strength.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming