Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,188,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
... Legacy Senior housing is typical, restricted to age 55 and older with an income not exceeding 60% of the average income of the area....
My first rental home shopping was shortly after joining the Air Force in 1966. There was a very nice looking apartment building not too far from base, so I stopped in to ask about vacancies. "Do you have any available?"

"Yes, but we have an age restriction." (I thought, heck, I just turned 21 so should qualify.) "Renters must be age 55 or older."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 10:20 PM

4 posts, read 7,054 times
Are there any "seedy" places of town I should stay away from for living? I am not concerned for myself but rather for my family. I have a budget in mind but will go over it to put them in a better neighborhood. And is the general mindset of "as long as it is above the I-80" I should be fine?

Old 08-31-2013, 04:05 AM

11,550 posts, read 53,054,760 times
You can visit the Cheyenne Police Department or Sheriff's offices and they can give you an overview of the areas where they have their biggest workloads. You'll have to draw your own conclusions about the impact of that information and locations in town as to how it affects your residential options at the price point you're looking at.

For my personal choices, North or West would be the preferred areas for my needs and wants at my price points, since I prefer a larger property and a modest size house with outbuildings. But a meaningful response about where you'll most likely find housing that will satisfy your requirements can't be answered here without knowing your price point, type of housing, size of land desired, privacy/access desired, new/recent/older, equine property, HOA or not, etc. There may be properties on the South or North side of I-80 which may meet your needs at your price point.

Best to visit with several real estate agents and see what they suggest to you in this marketplace when you prioritize your situation with them.

As always, I advise you to do your own due diligence about every aspect of a prospective real estate purchase in this area before making any offer or putting any money at risk. The degree of professional competency and service you may have received in San Diego is not what you will receive here, and the real estate market is not the same.

Last edited by sunsprit; 08-31-2013 at 04:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming