Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2014, 01:52 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,228,721 times

Advertisements

It's not only divorce, but the suicide rate is also very high in Wyoming. It's hard to say why, but I suspect, at least in my corner of the state, it has to do with the transient population. People move here from all over the country for jobs, and that's also stressful. Some people love it, others tolerate it because the pay is good. Most leave extended family behind, and that can also cause depression and family problems.

We lived in Alaska before moving here, and they had the same problems. Beautiful state, but people miss the family they left behind. We left Alaska after our first child was born because my wife wanted him to be closer to his grandparents (in Iowa). Plus she missed her parents and siblings. Wyoming was better in that regard, but she still wished she was closer to them and took many vacations to Iowa, leaving me behind to work. That all causes stress in a marriage.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:10 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,173,038 times
Sad day when people are willing dismiss the need for voting. Maybe they should pass a law that all people in Wyoming have to pass a test on the Constitution and have gun safety education before being allowed to vote. :-D

Old 10-25-2014, 03:57 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,349,453 times
> Temper tantrum huh? Since people here are determined not to be reasoned with, I'm fine with calling things as I see them. Yet I see it's perfectly fine for the people who happen to share your opinion on this issue to go off on tirades using phrases like '*******s' and other pleasantries, which have not received the 'mod-cut of shame', when it's well known that many people who have expressed opinions in this thread subscribe to those viewpoints. People who have been expressing infinitely more irrational beliefs and using hate rhetoric for the entire thread, yet you pick up on the one or two off-color sentences that I've thrown out. Interesting how these things work. <

Elkhunter has removed more than just a few of my 'heated' remarks over the years; but he knows that I respect his decisions to do so, as he is not only 'moderator' of the Wyo thread, but a few yrs my senior. You would do well to keep this in mind, as he is a long-time tax-paying citizen of this region, and knows it far better than most of us, combined.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:57 PM

382 posts, read 936,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
Sad day when people are willing dismiss the need for voting. Maybe they should pass a law that all people in Wyoming have to pass a test on the Constitution and have gun safety education before being allowed to vote. :-D
I guess you are for us having a vote to outlaw religion in Wyoming then.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintersspouse View Post
I guess you are for us having a vote to outlaw religion in Wyoming then.
I do not see how not putting something, that effects the whole state, to a vote has anything to do with "outlaw"ing religion. I never brought religion up.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:10 PM

> I guess you are for us having a vote to outlaw religion in Wyoming then. <

No possible way to pass a law making one's belief-system 'illegal'.

Many yrs ago, the U.S. Gov't tried washing Native-American's mouth's out with soap, when they
tried to speak their own language, and arrested/murdered those who performed the 'Ghost-Dance'...

Time's have indeed changed, and their language and traditions are fading away...

...but they still speak Shoshone/Arapahoe and dance in traditional-garb when the spirit moves them
out on the Wind River Rez...and I am happy for them, and proud of them for having withstood the
'winds of change' for so long.

That having been said, I imagine it would be difficult at best, to 'outlaw' Morman, Lutheran, Episcopal, Christian, Catholic
and Jewish services, here on Wyoming soil...considering such a high-percentage of citizens DO believe in the existence of a 'higher-power'.

That's something you CAN'T simply 'vote out of existence'.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I do not see how not putting something, that effects the whole state, to a vote has anything to do with "outlaw"ing religion. I never brought religion up.

First, how does someone else's marriage affect you?

Second, you can't vote to discriminate based on color or gender, just like you can not vote to take away someone's right to religion. If I am wrong then show me where it says you can.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintersspouse View Post
First, how does someone else's marriage affect you?

Second, you can't vote to discriminate based on color or gender, just like you can not vote to take away someone's right to religion. If I am wrong then show me where it says you can.

The vote would have been whether or not "marriage" is redefined to include "anything goes." It would not stop people from being in a relationship with whomever, therefore no discrimination. Just as you cannot determine that two people "shacking up" for X amount of time as a "marriage" with all rights included, without a VOTE, changing a definition should be given a right to a vote.

Bottom line... people should have been given the opportunity to exercise the right to vote on the issue. Yes it does effect some people. Christians all across the land are being penalized they do not "agree" with the "decisions" made by their states. Why should Wyomingites be any different?

I heard the best quote from a gay person who said "I didn't come out of the closet so that Christians could be driven into it." Why are you so afraid to allow "We the People" the chance to vote yes or no?

Old 10-25-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
The vote would have been whether or not "marriage" is redefined to include "anything goes." It would not stop people from being in a relationship with whomever, therefore no discrimination. Just as you cannot determine that two people "shacking up" for X amount of time as a "marriage" with all rights included, without a VOTE, changing a definition should be given a right to a vote.

Bottom line... people should have been given the opportunity to exercise the right to vote on the issue. Yes it does effect some people. Christians all across the land are being penalized they do not "agree" with the "decisions" made by their states. Why should Wyomingites be any different?

I heard the best quote from a gay person who said "I didn't come out of the closet so that Christians could be driven into it." Why are you so afraid to allow "We the People" the chance to vote yes or no?
How are Christians being penalized when a same sex couple gets married?

I do understand that you believe Wyomingites should be able to vote and create a law about same sex marriage.

Do you agree that such a law will not stand because it goes against our constitution? If not then please explain to me why.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:44 PM

> How are Christians being penalized when a same sex couple gets married? <

WE ARE BEING FORCED TO 'ACCEPT' IT AS BEING THE 'NEW NORMAL'...and it IS'NT 'normal'
for two partners of the 'same sex' to be married under the same roof where the definition
of marriage has ALWAYS been the exact opposite of what you 'progressives' believe it to be.

The answer to your problems is staring at you right in the face, and you REFUSE to accept
any argument to the contrary, just as WE refuse to accept YOUR definition of the 'new normal'.

Aberrant behavior is NOT 'normal', no matter how familiar it may be for YOU, or for others who
share YOUR lifestyle.

The MAJORITY rules, it always has and it always will, because even if 99.99% of the human-population
WAS homosexual (and therefore becomes the 'majority') it inevitably loses in the end...

...for OBVIOUS reasons...

Why is that such a hard concept for you people to wrap your brains around ? ? ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming