Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 11:45 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintersspouse View Post
Marriage is about a family relationship not sex. The marriage licence does not stipulate what kind of sex is allowed or not allowed in a marriage.
Nope, but there are laws about sodomy. Do we need to go in and change existing laws. There is more at stake then simply saying, its OK, because we let it happen?

Old 10-26-2014, 11:50 AM

382 posts, read 936,730 times
Not in Wyoming.

Do you really think that you will get a law passed about what kind of sex or even if you have to have it in a marriage?

Old 10-26-2014, 11:59 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Not in Wyoming.

Do you really think that you will get a law passed about what kind of sex or even if you have to have it in a marriage?
No, not at all. I'm simply saying that there is more at stake than giving a thumbs up by default.

Our legislature do it all the time. They table things that automatically go in to effect, simply by ignoring them. THAT should not happen.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:21 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,715,411 times
Quote:
Marriage is about a family relationship not sex. The marriage licence does not stipulate what kind of sex is allowed or not allowed in a marriage.
Two men are not a family....nor are two women.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:27 PM

382 posts, read 936,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I don't know about that. My mother and I are women and family. My sisters and I are women and family. Same sex marriages are now legal here in Wyoming and that makes them legal families.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:39 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,288,189 times
Gee the gays around here everybody got along with they ran their cafes, they cooked in coffee shops, they make pottery, they run cattle on the forest. We do business with them and are friends and relatives , they didn't push their belifes on us and we did push them. They had leagle paper worked up papers or partnership agreements worked up they didn't ask for gay marriage . Bet most the local gay here still won't go and get married.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:09 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,313,477 times
Quote:
The real issue for me is the question of why a very small group of individuals who make bizarre sexual behavior choices are taken seriously as a "minority group", when they are nothing of the kind....any more than people who cover themselves with tattoos and dye their Mohawk green are a minority group.

The real issue is how, as a country, did we get that stupid and that lost?
In fact, the problem in your case is the inability to distinguish between choices based on fashion (tattoos, hair color, etc.) versus sexual orientation based on a person's inherent drive.

When you trivialize other people, it makes it easier to mistreat them. Even christians have been subjected to dismissive attitudes, yet religious faith and observance is more clearly a case of choice than sexual orientation is.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Nope, but there are laws about sodomy. Do we need to go in and change existing laws. There is more at stake then simply saying, its OK, because we let it happen?
With Lawrence vs Texas in 2003, state sodomy laws are basically unenforceable. For states that still have sodomy laws on the books, it could help clean things up to go back and change those laws, but it isn't necessary. Now, hetero and gay couples throughout the US can legally have non-intercourse sex.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
That isn't your ideal, and that's great, but it doesn't apply to all people, no matter how strongly you wish or feel it.

In any case, sometimes you never know how your family will turn out. A male friend of mine lost his wife and daughter in an accident, and now he and his two boys make up their immediate family. Last I heard, they didn't plan on breaking apart because there isn't a woman around.

Fun question for you: a man and woman get married and are a "family." The man undergoes gender transition to become a woman, or the woman undergoes gender transition to become a man. Have they stopped being a family? How so?

How about if both man and woman undergo gender transition. So, the outcome is that there is a man and a woman. They would continue being family, even in your understanding, right?

Life is so short, and so many people spend a lot of time wringing their hands about how other people spend it!

Old 10-26-2014, 07:03 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,699,918 times
I agree with ElkHunter. I've read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights several times. They are mute as to marriage, because that was left up to the states. (So was the practice of medicine, right up until the ACA passed. But that's probably a different thread.)

States license marriages (and physicians) in accordance with their laws as their state residents wanted it to be. If you don't agree with it, take it up with the state. I still can't figure out why the US District Courts are in this argument...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming