Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 01:01 PM

692 posts, read 1,703,077 times

Advertisements

The vow I took when I married my wife---

Matthew 19:4-6
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

States plainly----male and female

Old 10-30-2014, 01:19 PM

382 posts, read 933,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiafjam View Post
The vow I took when I married my wife---

Matthew 19:4-6
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

States plainly----male and female
Your vows, your religion. I did not take those vows. I am still married.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:56 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,805,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
A great day for Wyoming and The United States of America! One more state that has marriage equality.
It wasn't like the state of Wyoming had any choice in the matter.. Obviously, as a whole, Wyoming, Alaska, Idaho, etc are not very supportive of gay marriage.. However, Big Brother will threaten to impose sanctions, cut off funding and trying to lay the hammer on these states if they dare defy the Federal regulation.. Personally, I think a giant centralized government will bring the downfall of this country..

And, the same people crying for gay marriage are also crying for the removal of parts of the 1st Amendment and the entire 2nd Amendment or claim that it is not relevant anymore.. They seem to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution apply to them. Never mind, that a good number of the writers of the Constitution and our Founding Fathers were Christians and never considered homosexual marriage to be legal or acceptable marriage.

Even now, certain cities are imposing restrictions on religions to preach anything what they consider "anti-gay". There is a showdown in Coeur d'Alene, ID as we speak. The city is threatening to arrest two pastors of a church if they do not perform gay marriage for a couple. They already are being sued for tens of thousands of dollars. Obviously , these pastors will become martyrs for their faith and go to prison. That is only after the city of Coeur d'Alene goes bankrupt fighting endless lawsuits at the taxpayers expense and this turns into a national ordeal with the ruling going to the Supreme Court. Who knows, the city of CDA may back down quickly or maybe they will ride the liberal, anti-freedom bandwagon and impose their regulations on Christian organizations in the city to the last breath. In the end, they will not be championing the rights of gay people, they will be championing the destruction of religious institutions and religious freedoms to practice their religion freely. This will backfire very harshly on the gay community.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 10-30-2014 at 07:20 PM..

Old 10-30-2014, 08:12 PM

993 posts, read 1,761,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Even now, certain cities are imposing restrictions on religions to preach anything what they consider "anti-gay". There is a showdown in Coeur d'Alene, ID as we speak. The city is threatening to arrest two pastors of a church if they do not perform gay marriage for a couple. They already are being sued for tens of thousands of dollars. Obviously , these pastors will become martyrs for their faith and go to prison. That is only after the city of Coeur d'Alene goes bankrupt fighting endless lawsuits at the taxpayers expense and this turns into a national ordeal with the ruling going to the Supreme Court. Who knows, the city of CDA may back down quickly or maybe they will ride the liberal, anti-freedom bandwagon and impose their regulations on Christian organizations in the city to the last breath. In the end, they will not be championing the rights of gay people, they will be championing the destruction of religious institutions and religious freedoms to practice their religion freely. This will backfire very harshly on the gay community.
What you are saying is just not true. It is not a church that is being threatened by any means. These ministers operate a for-profit wedding chapel across from the county courthouse. They are in the business for the money. If they wanted to claim a religious exemption, they should have operated a church. Furthermore, they are the ones suing the city. Nobody has sued them.

I question the authenticity of their beliefs when they operate a for-profit wedding chapel across from the county courthouse. For some reason, I don't think God would be too fond of that.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:23 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,343,247 times
>Your vows, your religion. I did not take those vows. I am still married.<

If are unable/unwilling to respect our vows (and the faith by which we commit to them), then we will not be able to respect (or 'grant') yours.

It seems as if we are at an 'impasse'.

Looks as if we will continue to see you in court then ?

Hope you have DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP pockets, my good LGBT-friends...cuz you're GONNA need 'em.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:29 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,293,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
It wasn't like the state of Wyoming had any choice in the matter.. Obviously, as a whole, Wyoming, Alaska, Idaho, etc are not very supportive of gay marriage.. However, Big Brother will threaten to impose sanctions, cut off funding and trying to lay the hammer on these states if they dare defy the Federal regulation.. Personally, I think a giant centralized government will bring the downfall of this country..
According to this, Wyoming relies heavily on federal funds for its existence:

Wyoming: Where independent people rely on federal funds

If the federal government falls apart, or if Wyoming secedes, see how things go without these federal funds. Looks like Big Brother has been pretty good to the state.

Quote:
And, the same people crying for gay marriage are also crying for the removal of parts of the 1st Amendment and the entire 2nd Amendment or claim that it is not relevant anymore.. They seem to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution apply to them.
Everyone picks and chooses from the Constitution because there are many contradictory and competing precepts. That seems to happen a lot with the Bible, too.

BTW, many gays are in favor of gun rights. Stereotyping doesn't help your argument.

Quote:
Never mind, that a good number of the writers of the Constitution and our Founding Fathers were Christians and never considered homosexual marriage to be legal or acceptable marriage.
They didn't have to deal with a lot of things back then: blacks and women considered as full humans; people allowed to vote even though they don't own property; giant corporations; computer technology; and so on. Times change, and the Constitution is a living document, not a museum artefact.

BTW, Thomas Jefferson was a Deist-- not specifically a christian.

Quote:
Many--perhaps most--gays are opposed to forcing churches to perform/recognize gay marriages. There are plenty of other options for same-sex couples who wish to wed.

Last edited by Empidonax; 10-30-2014 at 09:40 PM..

Old 10-30-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
>Your vows, your religion. I did not take those vows. I am still married.<

If are unable/unwilling to respect our vows (and the faith by which we commit to them), then we will not be able to respect (or 'grant') yours.

It seems as if we are at an 'impasse'.

Looks as if we will continue to see you in court then ?

Hope you have DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP pockets, my good LGBT-friends...cuz you're GONNA need 'em.
Huh? When a hetero couple says they're married, and if that is the case, then pretty much all gay people would respect that.

But if you think everyone--not just gays--should decide not to wed because you took a vow of one man/ one woman, that's strange and selfish.

Your wedding is your business--if you're a man and want to marry a woman, who cares? Read the entire New Testament at your wedding, if you wish.

But keep in mind that your way of doing things is not everyone else's way of doing things. Perhaps it's inconvenient to you to live among people of other faiths and practices, but that's the deal in the U.S.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:21 PM

3,638 posts, read 3,762,155 times
Perhaps the best solution is for the government to get out of "marriage" altogether. No marriage licenses. Whatever agency can issue civil contracts for tax purposes can issue civil contracts. And marriages can only be performed by whichever church a couple can get. It's obvious now which relationships are marriage, and which are impostors.

Because what some gay people want to be recognized as "marriage," isn't. It's laughable.

And if you, empidonax, knew anything of native oral culture, you would know that it is regarded as such by more than just the white, anglo, conservative Christian, right wing. We know nature. We know when males of various species go into this behavior, their butts fall apart and we put them out of their misery. We know that when females of animal species get confused, they are comedic and their actions futile.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 10-30-2014 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: corrected spelling

Old 10-30-2014, 10:25 PM

6,344 posts, read 7,707,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC01 View Post
What you are saying is just not true. It is not a church that is being threatened by any means. These ministers operate a for-profit wedding chapel across from the county courthouse. They are in the business for the money. If they wanted to claim a religious exemption, they should have operated a church. Furthermore, they are the ones suing the city. Nobody has sued them.

I question the authenticity of their beliefs when they operate a for-profit wedding chapel across from the county courthouse. For some reason, I don't think God would be too fond of that.
Not quite. The issue was settled earlier this week when it was discovered by the city government of CdA that the wedding chapel is a religious corporation, and as such, not required to follow the city statute in question. They are no longer under threat of sanctions for not performing homosexual marriages.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post

Because what some gay people want to be recognized as "marriage," isn't. It's laughable.
Well, there are those folks who prefer to laugh at other people, and there are other folks who prefer to help other people.

Quote:
And if you, Empidonax, knew anything of native oral culture, you would know that it is regarded as such by more than just the white, anglo, conservative Christian, right wing. We know nature. We know when males of various species go into this behavior, their butts fall apart and we put them out of their misery. We know that when females of animal species get confused, they are comedic and their actions futile.
[mod cut]
I agree that white, anglo, conservative christians are not the only ones who share your thoughts on marriage. Lots of people of various races, ethnicities, nationalities, and religions have similar beliefs. And some of them would like to see others in this same group put to extinction. Strange bedfellows!

And you realize, of course, that not all Native Americans share your beliefs about gays.

By the way, Native Americans do not have a monopoly on knowing nature, and it is presumptuous to suggest as much. Did you even bother to see what my handle (empidonax) means?

Last edited by ElkHunter; 10-30-2014 at 11:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming