Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 12:54 AM

1,180 posts, read 3,126,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipes23 View Post
I've been busy, but I was blown to work in Casper.

I walk about a mile, and the wind pushed me about half of the way. The rest of the way, I pushed against it. It must have averaged out, but it was pretty noteworthy.
I used to live in Casper and can totally relate to being "blown to work."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 07:00 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times
Wow, that's blustery

Old 11-21-2015, 11:02 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,154,100 times
61 mph gusts here this eve in the Cheyenne area.

I-80 Eastbound closed here, although I understand that the real problem this eve is not on the pass to Laramie, but accidents West from Laramie. Kinda' indicates how aggressive WYDOT is getting these days about closing the roads rather than dealing with an overload of first responder situations in inclement weather conditions.

Driving past the Sapp Bros and TA Truckstops this eve ... both filled to overflowing with parked semi's. The TA even had the overflow parking west of them filled up. The ramp area by the passenger car fuel islands was blocked with semi's almost up to the pumps. Update: it appears that I-80 is essentially closed between Cheyenne and Evanston, with a few portions of the road in one direction open for a few miles ... but listed as having "black ice" road conditions and "no light trailers" advisory. Yet looking at the map, many of the adjacent highways are listed as dry.

What's significant here is that these are not isolated newsworthy incidents of the scope of a once in a century storm, or a historic maximum low or high reading of some sort ... this is simply business as usual in the area this time of the year. That's what sets this area apart from so many other areas of the USA where an extreme weather condition has been recorded and was a big deal event, perhaps even the causation of an emergency or disaster situation. They're not calling out the Nat'l Guard or invoking FEMA or major disaster relief for this situation.

PS: we saw an overnight low last night of 1 F. KCYS reported 6 F; bear in mind that the airport is effectively in the center of Cheyenne ... not out on the plains, and it's not even winter yet. These are just typical swings in the inclement conditions here. Looking forward to warmer weather forecast for a few days this week before the next storm front passes through.

Last edited by sunsprit; 11-21-2015 at 11:55 PM..

Old 11-22-2015, 07:26 AM

9 posts, read 10,465 times
In my opinion, I think the weather in Laramie is pretty mild. The forecast for the next 3 days is highs of 40, lows of 18, and winds of about 15 mph. Not bad for the middle of November, especially for being 7200 feet above sea level.

The weather here is no better or worse than elsewhere. We love Laramie.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:01 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,154,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misawa97 View Post
The forecast for the next 3 days is highs of 40, lows of 18, and winds of about 15 mph. Not bad for the middle of November, especially for being 7200 feet above sea level.
looking at the roadside WYDOT sensors, wind gusts of 40 mph are still in the area at this time, with WYDOT advising no light trailers on I-80. Nice to see that the sunshine has cleared a lot of the area ice to dry roads, so traffic is moving well again. Laramie airport automated weather reporting peak wind gusts of 27 kts out of 260 direction; that's pretty mellow for this area and nice flying weather with a area forecast of lesser winds through the day.

the forecast highs for Thursday and Friday ahead are 14 F, well below freezing temps. Thursday overnight low of -6 F and Friday at 0 F. Not much wind in this cold front passage, and a warming trend to mid 20's for the weekend ahead with low single digits overnight. A pleasant week ahead, no?

Fall weather at it's typical in Laramie. Winter months yet to be.

Enjoy!

Last edited by sunsprit; 11-22-2015 at 10:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming