Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:10 PM

264 posts, read 1,093,625 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the West View subdivision on 7th street in Sheridan? My realtor has sent me several listings of homes being built by Schuster Construction in that neighborhood. They're 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage homes on a 7100 sq.ft. lot, for under $250K. Is this a nice subdivision, and how is Schuster's reputation as a builder there? That kind of home for that price is odd in this market. Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 07:08 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,371,712 times
I've seen the listings. The lady at You Win Realty e-mailed me the house plans. They may be able to help you better.

From what I'm hearing, the market is softening to being "just ridiculous" from the radically ridiculous. Also, they may be a bit cheaper because they're not ready to move into. But there are a few houses on the market in the low to mid 200's I've seen on the listings for quite a while now, so maybe there's hope.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:06 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Up on Mydland Rd they're slapping some modular's on basements. 3 bed modular on an unfinished basement. It is supposed to be "Low income, affordable housing."

They start at $190,000. You can stand in your house, open a window and spit on the neighbors wall. They're selling as fast as the crane can set the modular on the basement.

You might have seen it in the paper. It's the outfit that was building for 10 days when they remembered they should get a building permit. They were fined $21,000. for making that mistake. But the city felt that was out of line, although it was the standard off the chart the city made. So they reduced the fine to $2,100.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Up on Mydland Rd they're slapping some modular's on basements. 3 bed modular on an unfinished basement. It is supposed to be "Low income, affordable housing."

They start at $190,000. You can stand in your house, open a window and spit on the neighbors wall. They're selling as fast as the crane can set the modular on the basement.

You might have seen it in the paper. It's the outfit that was building for 10 days when they remembered they should get a building permit. They were fined $21,000. for making that mistake. But the city felt that was out of line, although it was the standard off the chart the city made. So they reduced the fine to $2,100.

Is that the Bungalow Village I've been seeing on the sites? Seems a bit much for a mobile.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:47 PM

I think it's called Quail Ridge. Could be mistaken. It's the only thing on the West side of Mydland. Right next to that medical center they built last year. There's condo's, not sure of their prices, but yes, the modulars, on an unfinished basement are $190k and up.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I think it's called Quail Ridge. Could be mistaken. It's the only thing on the West side of Mydland. Right next to that medical center they built last year. There's condo's, not sure of their prices, but yes, the modulars, on an unfinished basement are $190k and up.
That's the ones. Bungalow Village at Quail Ridge.

Too many names for one neighborhood. Developers are probably yups outta California.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:42 PM

264 posts, read 1,093,625 times
Quote:
It is supposed to be "Low income, affordable housing."

They start at $190,000.
Only a Californian would call that affordable for low income folks...and for a modular? Sheesh...I'd be happier buying a $100K piece of acreage and plop a $90K 5th wheel on it.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 PM

Actually it's a local guy that's doing it.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:48 PM

56 posts, read 157,635 times
Default too good to be true is

Those Quail Ridge Homes are not only modulars, they are ugly modulars and tiny! The Schuster builders I have heard have done nicer homes that are priced in the 425K range, which out here means they would be 225K max anywhere else in the U.S.

The ones on 7th is absolutely not a neighborhood I would live in. And what they show on the web site looks nothing like the actual homes.

I wouldn't trust a realtor in this town at all. I mean zilch, zero. zero. I have never seen such blatant ethics/appraisal/disclosure, etc. etc. abuse. The rampant greed around here in regards to the homes is disgusting.

It's going to end soo though, Gillette is already starting to tank a bit.

If I had to hire a builder I would definitely go out of state. Oh and don't trust the listings, a house that looks nice may have neighbors that park their 8 "working on" mechanical projects on the lawn...

Oh I can't wait until this market tanks! It's going to be sooo much fun watching the scramble...mmm. I think there are going to be some big Escalades on the market.....

Old 02-22-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
Oh I can't wait until this market tanks! It's going to be sooo much fun watching the scramble...mmm. I think there are going to be some big Escalades on the market.....

Yep, I have to agree. You won't see me scrambling to pay $250k for a dump that'll be worth less than $100k when the fun stops.

Granted, I know that may be a long time from now, but I'm patient.

I've seen this before.

And I hope those folks putting their homes up for sale for three times what they paid for them 5 years ago end up in the gutter when the day of reckoning comes....

What's that? You'll let me have it for what you owe? Ha! Throw in a new Hummer and I'll think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming