U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:28 PM

208 posts, read 567,120 times

Advertisements

I'll be serious on this post..... we've had it over here too. High fever, body aches, headache, chills, lack of energy, but not the traditional flu symptoms dealing with the stomach. I haven't had it (and I'm hoping not to) but a lot of others have. Some have ended up in the ER with 103+ fever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 07:19 PM

17,948 posts, read 22,745,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molon labe View Post
I'll be serious on this post..... we've had it over here too. High fever, body aches, headache, chills, lack of energy, but not the traditional flu symptoms dealing with the stomach. I haven't had it (and I'm hoping not to) but a lot of others have. Some have ended up in the ER with 103+ fever.
There was a documentary on TV last night about the strains of flu this year. The doctor doing the show said that flu this year, does not include vomiting or stomach problems. But rather, cold, cough, congestion, sore throat, lack of appetite, etc. He said the best remedy. Stay in bed, drink warm liquids and let your body heal itself.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:12 AM

33 posts, read 82,603 times
Hey fellow moms. Its good to hear ahead of time what is going around. We are clear down in san diego and we are haveing alot of people out with the flu but it has not hit as hard as it has you guys. We are having an outbreak down here of a different type. We have 2 big outbreaks of the chicken pox and the measles. The news last night said there are already 60 confirmed cases of the measles here. If your kids arent up to date on thier shots, get them vacc now. Do it before it hits there. The kids who have had thier shots are not getting the measles or chicken pox. The vacc are working. Keep warm and take care. See ya this summer.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:38 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,616,607 times
I am so sorry about everyone that got sick.. that is awful...

No tummy problems for us either.. just high fevers and aches and pains and severe cold type symptoms...

A buddy of my husband's called tonight from Mississippi, and told us down there the hospitals are also over flowing... I am astonished at how big of a national scale this flu is...

That is interesting Elkhunter about that Documentary, I wish I could have watched it...

I think flu shots make more people sick than healthy in my opinion.... My grandma has gotten the flu from hers so many times she had to quit getting her shot...

I hope everyone gets well really soon... and stays out of the E.R.

Plenty of water and fluids with not a lot of sugar and plenty of relaxation and rest is the best for this flu bug... My little girl was able to bounce back after only 3 days... with the rest and fluids...

Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 AM

264 posts, read 748,535 times
Anyone heard of AIRBORNE? Supposedly it's some medicine that you take at the onset of the cold/flu symptoms that really work in keeping you from coming down with the full-on cold/flu bug.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:13 AM

17,948 posts, read 22,745,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyvet79 View Post
Anyone heard of AIRBORNE? Supposedly it's some medicine that you take at the onset of the cold/flu symptoms that really work in keeping you from coming down with the full-on cold/flu bug.
I have a friend that swears by it. He says it is outstanding. I personally, haven't tried it yet.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:13 PM

380 posts, read 829,440 times
I have been sick off and on for over a month. I'd start feeling better only to be down again the next day. I work in the school system and the kids are all in and out sick as well. This is the sickest I have been in my whole life. To make things worse, I woke up yesterday burning with fever and so weak I could hardly move. I ended up at the Urgent Care clinic in Sheridan. The Doctor guessed at 3 different things I might have and wrote a script that should cover all three. She couldn't even narrow it down or just didn't want to take the time to. When it came time to pay the bill I nearly lost my cookies...$95.00 just for the doctor's visit. It cost me $95.00 for the pleasure of a doctor's company for ten minutes and a guess. By the time I got my meds I was over $200.00 poorer and I still feel like crap. It seems like this cold and flu outbreak is not hurting the doctors any. At least the Urgant Care in Sheridan is doing well.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_koolkat View Post
I have been sick off and on for over a month. I'd start feeling better only to be down again the next day. I work in the school system and the kids are all in and out sick as well. This is the sickest I have been in my whole life. To make things worse, I woke up yesterday burning with fever and so weak I could hardly move. I ended up at the Urgent Care clinic in Sheridan. The Doctor guessed at 3 different things I might have and wrote a script that should cover all three. She couldn't even narrow it down or just didn't want to take the time to. When it came time to pay the bill I nearly lost my cookies...$95.00 just for the doctor's visit. It cost me $95.00 for the pleasure of a doctor's company for ten minutes and a guess. By the time I got my meds I was over $200.00 poorer and I still feel like crap. It seems like this cold and flu outbreak is not hurting the doctors any. At least the Urgant Care in Sheridan is doing well.

I am sorry to hear you are so sick... that is no fun at all...

My husband had a pleasent experience at Urgent Care in Sheridan, and they knew exactly what he had, they put him on a steroid pill and some antibiotics and said it would clear up in a couple days... cause it was just remnents of flu that turned into Bronchitis. And sure enough the meds and treatment worked....

Although I won't name names, but we had an awful experience at a Dr's office in town that at the time we had no insurance and had only lived here for a couple months at the time and we paid in cash cause we were away from home and had no checkbook on us and the bookkeeper or someone in the office pocketed our cash and eventually threatened us and billed us after a few months for almost a year now... And the few months were to cover their buns, cause their policy is to bill with in 30 days, which never happened... Even though we have ATM records of the cash for the Dr's visit that day... and we had shredded our copy of the receipt cause it had been several months and the first time we were billed, we were apologized from someone in the office(a secretary?of some sort) and they said it was a mistake and we shouldn't have been billed so we shredded the receipt, but then a couple months later the book keeper office began to harass us and falsely accuse us of not paying said we never paid them... She hollered and smarted off to us every time we called her and tried to be civil and work it out, told us we were not allowed to talk to the Dr. when we requested to... it was absolutely awful..

One lesson I learned, I am keeping every dang receipt for 3 years, even if I don't need it for taxes even if it is a receipt for Restaurant, I will never trust a Dr's office's word again we were apologized to and had the receipt and took their word and eventually shredded it, Also even if I am dying I will not pay in cash anymore so the bank has a copy of the check being cashed...

Ya know the sad thing is that a pastor friend of ours ended up hearing about it and paid the bill and we found out later about it, so they not only stole our cash, they robbed a pastor and charged him an administrative fee that wasn't added until later...

Anyways sorry for my long story... but Urgent Care treated my husband a lot better than a local Dr's office, I was really shocked cause usually it is the other way around...

I am sorry you aren't better soon, I hope you get well really soon...

Old 03-07-2008, 08:34 PM

471 posts, read 1,032,586 times
Well...it looks like the flu has paid a visit to our house. Our little guy is just feeling miserable. Just fell asleep (about 7pm here) about an hour and 1/2 earlier than usual. Definite lack of energy. Told me he feels cold and hot, achy all over, stomach ache, sore throat, mild fever 99.2. Gave him Tylenol. Glad he's finally resting...

I'm wondering why warm liquids? Is refrigerated water not good? Just room temp the best?

I hope this thing doesn't last long. It's hard to see him feeling so yucky.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post
Well...it looks like the flu has paid a visit to our house. Our little guy is just feeling miserable. Just fell asleep (about 7pm here) about an hour and 1/2 earlier than usual. Definite lack of energy. Told me he feels cold and hot, achy all over, stomach ache, sore throat, mild fever 99.2. Gave him Tylenol. Glad he's finally resting...

I'm wondering why warm liquids? Is refrigerated water not good? Just room temp the best?

I hope this thing doesn't last long. It's hard to see him feeling so yucky.
As far as the warm liquids I am not sure what to tell ya? I do know when my hubby was sick, he got a really raw throat, so I made him some hot water with lemon and a little honey in it.. and it soothed his throat... but other wise he drank a ton of ice water and juice... But either cold or warm liquids, plenty of liquids will help flush out the virus...

For my daughter and I the worst part took about 3-4 days to get over and about a week to start feeling somewhat normal again...

I hope he gets to feeling better...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming