Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 PM

219 posts, read 789,176 times

Advertisements

Anyone with great pictures of their towns? Thanks for the ones posted...AWSOME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM

26 posts, read 113,875 times
Your right ElkHunter, sorry about that...It is WEST of Buffalo.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:50 PM

18 posts, read 66,172 times
Default Casper

I'd really like to see more pictures of Casper thru the seasons. We're moving there soon so I'd like to see some of it.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:21 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Beautiful pictures everyone. Since I have never been to Wyoming, thank you for bringing Wyoming to me

Thank you also to Kristy for sharing this link.

emeraldsky, I really love the shot with the American flag.
you are welcome Stop by and visit us anytime

Old 07-23-2008, 10:02 AM

47 posts, read 182,524 times
Default Winter in Wyoming?

I am very curious as to what it is like to live there in the winter? I love WY. I have visited there a number of times passing through. I grew up in Michigan and hated winters (5 months of snow and cold). I live in the TN mountains where it gets cold, but winter is OK and is short. I still dislike visiting Michigan in the winter. But I have been through WY in the winter and enjoyed it. Maybe it is because it is somewhere "different" or maybe the scenery makes up for it. I wonder would it would be like to live there day in and day out through the winter? Is winter there a continual, beseiging, dreary cold and constant snow, or does it change throughout the season? Thanks

Old 07-24-2008, 07:37 PM

4 posts, read 21,536 times
Wow it looks very beutiful there I am moving there soon and I cant wait the more I see of Wyoming the less im scared of moving there. How much is it to camp there? Thats one of the things Im looking forward to is outdoor camping instead of the same old beach camping were I live.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:15 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu View Post
I am very curious as to what it is like to live there in the winter? I love WY. I have visited there a number of times passing through. I grew up in Michigan and hated winters (5 months of snow and cold). I live in the TN mountains where it gets cold, but winter is OK and is short. I still dislike visiting Michigan in the winter. But I have been through WY in the winter and enjoyed it. Maybe it is because it is somewhere "different" or maybe the scenery makes up for it. I wonder would it would be like to live there day in and day out through the winter? Is winter there a continual, beseiging, dreary cold and constant snow, or does it change throughout the season? Thanks
Here are a few images ranging from NE Wyoming to central Wyoming in Winter...

Old 07-24-2008, 08:18 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
One more - Winter by the North Platte in Casper last year:

Old 07-25-2008, 12:21 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilstruffert View Post
Wow it looks very beutiful there I am moving there soon and I cant wait the more I see of Wyoming the less im scared of moving there. How much is it to camp there? Thats one of the things Im looking forward to is outdoor camping instead of the same old beach camping were I live.
If the only camping you've done in California is at the beach, you are truly missing out. There are lots of wonderful places to camp in California that aren't at the beach. For example, not too far from San Diego are the Cleveland National Forest and Joshua Tree National Park. Both offer very different camping experiences from beach camping.

About the question regarding camping in Wyoming, there are quite a few places where you can camp for free. Some of these places are actually very nice, while others are fairly primitive. There are paid sites, too, of course, and for those, prices can vary quite a bit. I've camped in Grand Teton National Park, and I believe it was something like $15 a night for a large tent site, in addition to Park admission. I've also camped at Greyrocks Reservoir in Eastern Wyoming, and there was no charge to camp there. It depends on what facilities you want or need in a campsite, as well as if you are tent camping vs. RV camping. I know of at least one town where you can camp in the city park free of charge, but only up to three nights. I believe there are other cities and towns that permit this, too.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:22 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Highland Lady - The pictures are breathtaking - literally - I can feel them!!! and the wind!!! And see the fences everywhere....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming