Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2008, 12:47 PM

59 posts, read 239,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runninfiend View Post
I'm just curious as all heck how you have internet access?
Just to let you know, that this year, we brought a laptop with us and are using a verizon USB device, and it works wonderfully. It takes it's signal off the cell tower. Thanks to a new tower Altell put put in! Cell phones work great also!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 11:59 PM

I went to see my 1st Rodeo! It was a lot of fun. There was a thunderstorm and everyone was soaked. It sure made the events interesting. I think they should start a new event named Steer Skiing~ It was comical watching everybody slide around in the mud!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,960 times
i bought 35 acres there in 1999. i live in virginia now. i thought of moving there when i get the land paid for . a year or so from now. i lay carpet for a livin. anyone know where i can get a job at. i like livin out like that. i have the parcel 41-a. does anyone live next to it . donald

Old 09-02-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldharmon View Post
i bought 35 acres there in 1999. i live in virginia now. i thought of moving there when i get the land paid for . a year or so from now. i lay carpet for a livin. anyone know where i can get a job at. i like livin out like that. i have the parcel 41-a. does anyone live next to it . donald
There are only a few people that live here year around that I know of. We are going to try and stay next winter if possible. We hope to at least have our house started by then. If it isn't completed, then we will put the 5th wheel in the barn so we will be protected a little from the wind and snow.
The Laramie newspaper The Boomerang always has help wanted ads listed. Laramie is a little over an hour from wytex area. Casper is about 2 hours, and their newspaper is The Casper Tribune.
If you decide to live out here, it is absolutely imparative that you have a fail proof plan, as your life may depend on it in the winter.
If you plan well, it can be done.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:10 AM

It's so great to hear that we will have neighbors some day! We've been here since the 1st week in May & will be leaving to go back to Washington in a couple of weeks. If diesel prices hadn't been so high this year, we've liked to completed the move. We're going to try to get completely moved here next year. Please feel free to email me at bzbzlady@msn.com if we can answer any questions for you.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:25 AM

I forgot to mention that there is no water or electricity here on the wytex, unless you bring your own. The power lines stop about 10 miles or more from here. You have to have generators or solar or wind power. We attended an information class about vertical turbines last week. It was interesting. We have seen horizontal wind turbines out here, but they seem to take a beating. You can purchase water from the city of Medicine Bow for about $9.00 for $1,000 gallons and haul a 200 gallon water tank in the back of a pickup real easy. My first experience getting water this year was interesting. Last year, you paid the city, and they came out to a fire hydrant and turned it on for you to fill up your tank. This year the city put a metered dispenser in. My husband was on the ground pushing the buttons and I was on the back of the truck holding the pipe. I didn't know I was supposed to tie it down. I was a drown rat.......do you know how fast 200 gallons comes out!!!! But the pipe goes up in the air and makes a gigantic shower if it's not tied down!!! The back of the truck got washed out real good!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 5,960 times
hello bzbzlady. nice to meet someone out there. is there deep snows there. can you drive a 4x4 truck across the snow.what kind of electricity will you use. does your cell phone work there. i thank you for writing. can you computer work there off of a card that works threw a cell tower. my wife likes her computer. do you have a well yet. heres my email love2carpet40@yahoo.com.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldharmon View Post
hello bzbzlady. nice to meet someone out there. is there deep snows there. can you drive a 4x4 truck across the snow.what kind of electricity will you use. does your cell phone work there. i thank you for writing. can you computer work there off of a card that works threw a cell tower. my wife likes her computer. do you have a well yet. heres my email love2carpet40@yahoo.com.
I sent you an email with the answers to your question, and a little more info. Keep in touch!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit Rancher View Post
To bzbzlady
I am so happy for you and your family. I just recently bought 4 parcels Last year that are together and will some day build a barn and workshop. It is great to hear you got water. I look forward to someday meeting all my neighbors. I was out there last July. It is very beautiful. I wish only the best for you and thank you for posting and keeping everybody abreast with what is going on there. We will all be thinking about you.
Sal F.
We are leaving next week, but will be back next March or April. Will you be out next year? Hope to meet you. You can email me at bzbzlady@msn.com Good luck to you.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:36 PM

12 posts, read 59,465 times
Howdy, all. Just got back from Wyoming, and spending a day poking around the property at WyTex. Met one of the neighbors (Sam Guy) while we were there. Saw the big new blue barn that has gone up. Got a lot of information from Sam about well depths, the best folks to drill it (Watson Well in Laramie, for those with inquiring minds), and walked the whole perimeter with Sam, chatting about housing, long term plans, and the likes. Jadie-K (the grand-daughter) was much more impressed with the property this time than she was last time. But then, being three does make one more apt to be less intimidated by wide open spaces than at two. Had an adventure with rain slick roads (nothing serious, just a whole lot of mud on the undercarriage of the rental car--but that's what car washes are made for, right?). In general, it almost took a crowbar to move me back to Laramie this time. Next time, we will figure out how to get to the big blue barn and we will say "Howdy" in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming