Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 11:11 PM

2 posts, read 8,435 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm posting this because I have been researching, and debating on this choice I have made to move to Casper, Wyoming. I am a Kansan, male and 23 yrs of age. Graduating this May and have an Occupational work experience program in which I have been hired by an Civil Engineering Firm for a full time position starting in April. No state tax so I took that into consideration for my net income. Obviously housing is one of those things that can be read about on about every post and I can say I am in doubt of my longevity within the state, but am anxious and excited with a good attitude. Looking forward to meeting a country gal that shares similar beliefs and life goals. I'm looking forward to outdoor activites (dog sledding, hunting, fishing and snowboarding).

Yep, Wyoming might be a fit for a hardworking down to earth country boy.

PS. ASAP trip to yellowstone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 08:54 AM

269 posts, read 829,396 times
Love that term-country boy-country girl? what does that actually mean? Any of you "country boys-country girls have an answer? Good luck in casper!

Old 03-09-2008, 02:11 PM

264 posts, read 1,094,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoman View Post
Love that term-country boy-country girl? what does that actually mean? Any of you "country boys-country girls have an answer? Good luck in casper!
country boy = Joe Dirt? Ricky Bobby?

Old 03-09-2008, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 8,435 times
country boy = ain't afraid of a little hard work and tired of the overpopulated big cities

Loves the country!

Old 04-05-2008, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,074 times
I just returned after serving over 20 years in the U.S. Navy and it seems that Country Boys/Gals are becoming a thing of the past here in Casper. Upon my return I discovered that houses had gone up about 10 times, I would venture to say that the average home price now is between $250,000 to $300,000. Also, drugs (i.e. METH) have become a big problem.

Not the Casper I remember...

Old 04-05-2008, 06:42 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Unfortunately, it's not just Casper with a meth problem. Although some of the towns are getting real aggresive and going after it. It's a new venture for our law enforcement, but here, at least, they're making a difference.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:01 PM

269 posts, read 829,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jberg View Post
Hello, I'm posting this because I have been researching, and debating on this choice I have made to move to Casper, Wyoming. I am a Kansan, male and 23 yrs of age. Graduating this May and have an Occupational work experience program in which I have been hired by an Civil Engineering Firm for a full time position starting in April. No state tax so I took that into consideration for my net income. Obviously housing is one of those things that can be read about on about every post and I can say I am in doubt of my longevity within the state, but am anxious and excited with a good attitude. Looking forward to meeting a country gal that shares similar beliefs and life goals. I'm looking forward to outdoor activites (dog sledding, hunting, fishing and snowboarding).

Yep, Wyoming might be a fit for a hardworking down to earth country boy.

PS. ASAP trip to yellowstone!
Welcome to wyo! Sounds like you have a real plan an have done a little homework? 1 thing you missed -This ain't a dating site!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming