Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 10:02 AM

507 posts, read 659,492 times

Advertisements

Hey, I looked it up. Seems that "extravert" is the "correct spelling in psychology". So my bad.
Learned something there. Jung said that "extrovert" is bad Latin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 10:06 AM

723 posts, read 569,056 times
Default Now This Is Interesting!

https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2...extravert.html

Never gave the spelling of this word much thought until today because I'm not one. LOL

Old 08-10-2017, 07:13 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,041,575 times
I'm an introvert and I generally like the wide open flatter areas more than the mountains.

I grew up on the coast of MA and moved to Sheridan, WY in the 1990s. I immediately loved the wild wide open spaces of the west. I spent a lot of time in the Big Horn Mtns and in the prairies to the east.

I moved south to the western slope of Colorado in 2002. I love the Colorado Plateau canyon country. I seldom go upslope into the mountains, I'd rather head west into southern Utah.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:20 PM

Our home ranch was around 7000 elevation. Only two other ranches up in the same valley.
It backed up into forest service land. I didn't think much about anywhere else or aspects like the sun going down behind the mtns at four in the afternoon. Snow covering the ground continually early Dec to late March. But it seems like in general the ranch kids were more introverted than the town kids. So my thought is that solitude or lack of population density
is more at play than topography, and probably other factors like upbringing, too.

Before I moved to the eastern side of Wyoming, I had already figured I was done with the
mountains. They seem almost claustrophobic. They're nice to look at but I like broad, wide open prairies better, with a few pine ridges, pine breaks thrown in here and there. The snow doesn't stay, and the sun goes down on the horizon line. But the ranch people here aren't
any less introverted as far as I can tell. Maybe the same factors without regard to elevation.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:13 AM

16,038 posts, read 21,070,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNot4Me View Post
Sheesh, tough crowd.

First, I posted the article mostly in jest (hence the question mark in the title and the smiley icon in my comments).

Second, I am neither angry, dissatisfied nor depressed. If you love where you live, that's great; however, according to the US Census Bureau, the US mover rate between 2013 and 2014 was 11.5 percent or 35.7 million people (https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...5/cb15-47.html).

Apparently, plenty of people would rather live elsewhere, and I count myself among them. That's why I'm planning to relocate to WY in 2020.
I'd be willing to bet it's not so much a matter of 'rather' than it is a matter of better job opportunities, family considerations, or health issues that drive a lot of those moves, not because people move where they would love to go independantly of those factors

Old 08-11-2017, 08:00 AM

3,646 posts, read 6,269,296 times
I grew up in mouthing and timbe, but the trees and brush in the Midwest ,or the red woods of California where you can'take see more then a few yards can be caustraphobic

Old 08-11-2017, 02:18 PM

After assembling windmill today and fixing overflow on new tire stock tank (got to get back
out on the road!), I see on here I was on the wrong tip-this is about where introverts or extroverts like to live, not about what might cause em to be one or the other. So other than what might make you introverted or not, I suppose anybody could be doing ok anywhere. I think most of WY is pretty friendly, but we're not gonna bowl ya over. People are used to their space here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: