Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,728 times

Advertisements

Hi My husband works for ups and sence my Brother and sister inlaw are just moving to Casper WY I thought i would look.
Ups site says there are to positions for driving open, One in Rawlins and one in Pinedale. I do not know anything about WY. We have a 13 yr old, 11yr old and a 14month old with a baby on the way. How far is Casper from Rawlins? We live in Central Oregon. Bend Or. We love nature and small cities or towns.
I do not know if we would ever move to Wy. But was just wondering about it to keep the future open or door open as you might say. Any thoughts or advice would be wonderful.Thanks Laura
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 09:40 AM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times
After your family gets moved you should plan on taking a trip to Wyoming to visit. That would give you a chance to look around for yourself. Pinedale would be the smaller of the two towns but is growing due to a lot of gas drilling going on around there. It is a very pretty town at the base of the Windriver mountains. You might have to take a look at a mop to get the distances. Rawlins is larger, but still not a big city. It is more out on the flat lands with some rolling hills. More sagebrush.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:03 AM

5 posts, read 48,633 times
Rawlins is about a 2 hour drive from Casper and I've lived there and its referred to as "the armpit" of WY - well one of the places - it's not a town I would leave Bend OR for!

Pinedale is very expensive to live because of the boom - its beautiful there but a once nice town turned transient.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:50 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,785,246 times
Wyomiles gave the best advice - come visit the towns you are wondering about. What one person thinks about a place and what someone else thinks are always worlds apart.

I don't know who calls Rawlins an armpit but IMO they are looking for something negative to say. I actually like Rawlins!! I like Pinedale also.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:19 PM

10 posts, read 62,669 times
Thumbs down Stay put!

In January we were looking at moving from Casper to Bend, OR. Why would want to move from Bend to Casper? Bend is a wondeful, thriving, growing city while Casper has remained stagnant over the 14 years we have lived here. What little growth we've had recently is only because of the oil and gas boom. Any new stores that are going in are not quality, classy shops, but places like Money Lenders and the Dollar Tree. It snows here into April and usually the beginning of May. Last year it even snowed the beginning of June. The wind here is horrendous! It blows consistently from November through April. I can hardly wait until I can get out of here someday. Rawlins is even worse...trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming