Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,456 times

Advertisements

In the oilfield and may possibly be transferred to Rock Springs, have heard mixed reviews online, so figured I would try to hear from the locals. Is it a family oriented town? I know that it isn't big and that is fine, but we have heard a lot of "It's great if you are single" from people that have been up there for a short-period of time. I have a very active 3 year old and I couldn't find too much stuff to do online and it looks there their are absolutely no playgroup type activities. Living in San Antonio, Tx right now, and I know that it is a BIG change, but just wanted to know if it is family friendly.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 02:18 PM

117 posts, read 526,675 times
There have been a ton of recent threads on Rock Springs in this same context. I recommend reading back a few pages to avoid everyone repeating themselves.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:55 AM

16 posts, read 39,475 times
I moved to Rock Springs a few years ago. Husband works in oilfield. We hear bad things about this town and about the drug and crime problems however this is far from true.
I rarely hear about crime here. Moving from California where the drugs are out of control it's amusing to move here and hardly are a tweaker. People are all talk. I love it here! In the summer time the pools and splash parks are free with plenty of activities to keep busy. In the winter it gets pretty cold and this makes outdoor play impossible. The rec center is huge and has an indoor splash park,pool with water slide, and a lazy river. They also have a free indoor playground. My daughter is three and enrolling in gymnastics. There is also a few playground in town to keep the little ones active in winter. We love it here! Yes it's remote and small but we have a real strong community here. Crime and drugs are here but not like what people tend to exaggerate.

Last edited by Sparker1029; 09-15-2013 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Oops numerous playgroups in town

Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 PM

48 posts, read 80,031 times
been here almost 2 years now and have a 2.5 year old, there is a play group that gets together at the library once a week and does little projects with the kids, like sparker said the play grounds and parks during the summer, plus if you like the outdoors there is a ton, and if your into history there is even more. it does get cold in the winter but alot of people snowmobile, ski, or snow board.

havnt really noticed much crime or drugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: