Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 05:21 AM

26 posts, read 32,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post
Google this: Facebook Wheatland Wyoming classifieds.

On the left side of the page, you will see a space that says “search this group”. Enter the word “chimney”. Scroll down and note that you have one less thing to worry about.

Typically, a small town newspaper will have seasonal ads for this sort of thing. You’ll find this out when you get there.

I didn’t see anything for firewood.
Well that's pretty cool - thank you! I am now looking around for a place to live - rentals are very scarce - wonder if that's a seasonal thing or a work project thing - not sure but I only found one online - didn't realize the market was that tight for those! In any event I will have a safe chimney thanks to you LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 06:24 AM

507 posts, read 662,079 times
Quick one...I gotta go to Cheyenne. I didn't know anybody did rentals online. I think the usual deal is ad in the newspaper. Marketplace edition comes out on Tuesdays. There are several people who own multiple rentals. Check with Sherard Realty as Mona/Cindy/Heather/Sarah will know something. Maybe at first a house you can rent while it is for sale. Mona is building new townhouses as well.

Maybe power plant workers are affecting the market...the Power Plant goes through Outage/Turnaround every year in the spring-they shut one unit down and overhaul it. This year, however, there is a much bigger project-longer duration-going on. From what I can see, those guys are mostly in motels or have brought RVs. Also try Arrowhead RV/Storage as the owner of that also owns quite a few rentals. (Can't think of their name at the moment)

1300 is high for Wheatland. Typical house rents for 650 to 800. There is a house for sale that would meet your description (yard fenced, finished basement, one car garage) over on 12th st above the park and baseball field. Rite Agency has it listed (Lisa Cochran or....) I think about 160. 82 12th St. Three blocks from hospital. You could ask them about rentals, too. A doctor in town owns some rentals, too. Online rentals is pretty high tech for Wyoming outside of maybe Cheyenne, Casper and Gillette.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:04 AM

400 posts, read 453,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvChristmas View Post
Well that's pretty cool - thank you! I am now looking around for a place to live - rentals are very scarce - wonder if that's a seasonal thing or a work project thing - not sure but I only found one online - didn't realize the market was that tight for those! In any event I will have a safe chimney thanks to you LOL!
Now go to that same page and use the “search this group” again, only put in the word “rent”. There is a list of landlords that somebody posted. Some of the ads have been there for a while and are likely occupied, but it’s a step in the right direction.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:20 AM

Thank you - I just today told the people I would accept their offer! I am still having trouble finding rental property - might lean toward buying not sure - it's dizzying - I'm like what just happened here LOL! Hope to meet people up there soon!

Old 06-20-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoprairie View Post
Quick one...I gotta go to Cheyenne. I didn't know anybody did rentals online. I think the usual deal is ad in the newspaper. Marketplace edition comes out on Tuesdays. There are several people who own multiple rentals. Check with Sherard Realty as Mona/Cindy/Heather/Sarah will know something. Maybe at first a house you can rent while it is for sale. Mona is building new townhouses as well.

Maybe power plant workers are affecting the market...the Power Plant goes through Outage/Turnaround every year in the spring-they shut one unit down and overhaul it. This year, however, there is a much bigger project-longer duration-going on. From what I can see, those guys are mostly in motels or have brought RVs. Also try Arrowhead RV/Storage as the owner of that also owns quite a few rentals. (Can't think of their name at the moment)

1300 is high for Wheatland. Typical house rents for 650 to 800. There is a house for sale that would meet your description (yard fenced, finished basement, one car garage) over on 12th st above the park and baseball field. Rite Agency has it listed (Lisa Cochran or....) I think about 160. 82 12th St. Three blocks from hospital. You could ask them about rentals, too. A doctor in town owns some rentals, too. Online rentals is pretty high tech for Wyoming outside of maybe Cheyenne, Casper and Gillette.
Everyone's been so helpful - thanks for this! I did speak with Cindy W today at Sherard Realty - they have no rentals but maybe with your tips I can find something.... I said yes to the job offer - now I gotta get moving! Hoping all the pieces fall into place... There are those 'twin houses' across the highway - by the middle school? Saw 2 for sale and more coming - wonder if people don't like them - new construction is noisy/dusty - who knows but I have seen them pop up again and again! Thanks!

Old 06-20-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Everyone's been so helpful - thanks for this! I did speak with Cindy W today at Sherard Realty - they have no rentals but maybe with your tips I can find something.... I said yes to the job offer - now I gotta get moving! Hoping all the pieces fall into place... There are those 'twin houses' across the highway - by the middle school? Saw 2 for sale and more coming - wonder if people don't like them - new construction is noisy/dusty - who knows but I have seen them pop up again and again! Thanks!

That house on 12th street is adorable and it just popped up online today - I looked all weekend and it wasn't there - then BAM :-) Well that's through Zillow anyway - yes it meets the criteria - first need to meet realtor here to see what I can get for this place in Phoenix.... hoping for a fair offer for sure! Was referred to the local bank for more info.... Pretty stoked and pretty busy today taking things to Goodwill!

Last edited by Yac; 11-30-2020 at 01:30 AM..

Old 08-12-2018, 09:06 PM

Hi Everyone!
I made the big move and am finally here in Wheatland! Thank you for all your smarts and wisdom and humor....bye bye Phoenix and hello Wyoming :-)

Old 08-12-2018, 10:13 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Welcome! Enjoy!

Old 08-13-2018, 09:13 AM

400 posts, read 453,605 times
Quote:
Hi Everyone!
I made the big move and am finally here in Wheatland! Thank you for all your smarts and wisdom and humor....bye bye Phoenix and hello Wyoming :-)
I’ll bet your car insurance went down a bunch, didn’t it?

Old 08-14-2018, 08:31 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,011,098 times
What about those tornadoes and hail that damages your car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming