Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 03:50 PM

149 posts, read 258,785 times

Advertisements

Just received a different type of flyer in the mail today. Hageman is labeling Mark as “GreenPeace” Gordon, with his past donation data listed and affiliations with the Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy, etc. We’re about three weeks out, so it will be interesting to see the effects this has, along with the unknown status of Taylor Haynes. I do remember that negative flyers were sent out regarding Rita Meyer at roughly this same juncture 8 years ago, and it would seem they worked, with her coming up short by only 600 votes at the finish.

Last edited by TNT25; 07-30-2018 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 05:36 PM

293 posts, read 563,416 times
Still have a Wyoming residence. It comes in handy in certain situations

Old 07-30-2018, 08:46 PM

507 posts, read 661,381 times
First, off topic, but how bout Brody Cress at CFD? 2 consecutive Saddle Bronc championships. First guy in a long time. .

CFD was the place for all the guv candidates to be seen as well. Mark Gordon photo'd with "bareback and team roping champions" That's the way they put it-no names or anything. Sorry Mark, those guys aren't even from Wyoming. While the aforementioned Brody Cress does a friendly with Harriet. Point goes to Hageman in the CFD self promotion event.

Yard sign update since got home and had to drive around town some. Big increase in Foster Friess signs. A new thought-is Friess the likely benefit of Taylor Haynes supporters who bail? I think maybe so. Also Friess must have been in town while I was gone. Increase also in Hageman signs including large billboard on I-25. Same number of Haynes and Dahlin, still only two Gordon signs that I could find. More Galeotos than before, but still less than Haynes or Friess or Dahlin, for that matter. So Hageman and Haynes have the signs....including two yards that have a Hageman sign right next to a Haynes sign. Covering all bases just in case? Maybe mom and dad are each pulling for a different horse?

Haynes hearing on Wednesday. Court date is 7th of August. All kinds of rumours about who is behind it-is it Hageman, Gordon, Mary Throne, the Albany County attorney (a democrat) I dunno but it seems like maybe a Nancy Pelosi thing.
Gordon fans crying foul on Hageman, say that's not how we do politics in ole Wyo. We be nice. They forget that Gordon vs. Lummis 2008 wasn't exactly a love fest. Also seems to be working. Gordon spending a lot of time on defense. If ya don't want it brought up, don't let it happen.

My horse arrangement now has Hageman and Gordon out front. The Friess horse has found his conservative mojo and is gaining,(as well as spending all the money) so Friess and Galeotos neck and neck at 3 and 4. Haynes horse has flat lined but still running. Dahlin horse is bringing up the rear, not really running, just sort of walking it out.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:08 PM

People definitely define “Going Negative” relative to the support and ego investment they have leveraged for a certain cause or individual. In this case with Hageman and Gordon, it would seem that historical data is being deemed “irrelevant,” “negative,” and having no bearing on present and future actions of Mark Gordon. I guess it will be up to the voters to decide the relevance or irrelevance of past actions and behaviors of certain candidates.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:40 AM

Initial arguments in the WY vs Haynes case have occurred. Should have a ruling next week. Many of my concerns and fears are addressed here. What if the outcome of the primary is challenged in court? Will there potentially be another primary soon after because this first one was botched?

First arguments held in Haynes eligibility case | Local News | laramieboomerang.com

Old 08-02-2018, 03:20 PM

Here are some additional arguments from Haynes’ attorney. Argues that the whole primary is compromised now because of the state’s actions:

Haynes

Old 08-02-2018, 05:15 PM

507 posts, read 661,381 times
Because of the precedent of the Prosser case, I would think they eventually rule in Dr. Haynes favor. What goes against him is that the Albany clerk had earlier determined he was no longer a resident-that went back and forth, I guess. Previous owners of the ranch have been considered Wyoming residents, (although they weren't running for governor.)

Debate in Casper last night. Questions about as negative as you could get-guess much of the staff at the Trib think this is an awful place to live. All 6 agreed on most topics and even questioned the premise of a couple questions. Hageman went after Friess as well as Gordon and Galeotos. I thought, no, if you want to sideline one of them, you don't criticize them in front of everybody, you put out a banana peel when no one's watching for them to slip on. I thought this is gonna kill her momentum, but checked today, and it appears many people like the feistiness. I think she may have taken over the lead.

Off topic for primary, but glad to see Barrasso is now fighting back against Dodson. I thought something was fishy right at the start, and it turns out Dodson supported both Obama and Bernie Sanders. Voted Dem when he lived in Mass. before moving to Jackson. Thought from the beginning this guy is trying to throw it for Trauner. May be what they are up to...

Old 08-02-2018, 07:29 PM

Yeah it’s almost like the judge is between a rock and a hard place here. Does he simply cite precedence, and declare that the County Clerk was in error? I’m not sure how that will work, especially if the Clerk was doing everything “by the book.”

Old 08-02-2018, 07:57 PM

Here is the section of the Wyoming Constitution regarding qualifications to serve as Governor:

“Sec. 2. Qualifications of governor. No person shall be eligible to the office of governor unless he be a citizen of the United States and a qualified elector of the state, who has attained the age of thirty years, and who has resided 5 years next preceding the election within the state or territory, nor shall he be eligible to any other office during the term for which he was elected.“

It would seem that the judge has to adjudicate exactly what “resided” and “within the state” means specifically in Taylor Haynes’ situation. I have a feeling this could wind its way higher into the court system, regardless of which way it goes.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:50 PM

Breaking news on the Laramie Boomerang Facebook page. Apparently the District Court has dismissed the state’s lawsuit entirely, and Haynes is allowed to proceed with his candidacy. No further information yet. I wonder if that’s the end of it, or if there will be additional challenges as the weeks progress? I’m assuming that the legislature will be tackling this issue in some form, in order to clarify/solidify relevant statutes regarding candidates and residency verification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming