Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 09:01 AM

8,882 posts, read 20,249,823 times

Advertisements

Yes, Cheyenne REALLY comes to life starting tomorrow, with this huge Outdoor Western Celebration and the "Daddy Of 'Em All", pro-rodeo.

Even though wife and I are early "Baby Boomers" as in her/70 and me/69, we are huge rodeo fans. I started out years ago in PRCA and Team Roping. My "roping career" has ended, but we are still big fans. My wife loved seeing her "rodeo cowboy" in the saddle with a rope! And, have to admit, I done pretty good as a "Header". LOL

Wife and I are flying in to DIA, to "scope-out" both Loveland and Cheyenne for relocation from here in northeastern Florida aka Jacksonville. Will be landing at DIA with our Wrangler jeans on, Ariat Lace-Up Roper boots on, Wrangler and Cody James/Boot Barn cowboy hats on and trophy buckles.

When we lived in Colorado/Parker, we went to CFD parade and rodeo and absolutely loved it.

So, how many in Cheyenne are going to this big Outdoor Western Celebration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 09:58 AM

783 posts, read 1,723,014 times
Lived in Wyoming most of my life and have never been to CFD.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya700 View Post
Well, there are folks that live in Orlando, FL that have never been to Disney World and in Anaheim, Calif that have never been to Disneyland.

Then again, there's lot of folks that live in Cheyenne that do go. Rodeo isn't for everyone, but for Cheyenne, this event is gigantic!

Old 07-19-2018, 10:20 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,515,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya700 View Post
I've never been either after living in Wyoming for sixteen years and Colorado for thirty-five years previously. I have, however, been to Depot Days several times and to Cheyenne gun shows more than several times. Guns and trains are the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imOrv7cQG8Y

Old 07-19-2018, 11:09 AM

We've went to a couple of gun shows in Denver, when we lived in Parker, but our main summer events were boating/trout fishing, going to the range and, of course, rodeo. Again, CFD is spectacular, but not for everyone.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:14 PM

72 posts, read 58,997 times
LoveBoating beware sometimes their short on muggers or shankers in the " wild horse race " and ask for volunteers ! I love CFD glad its not for everybody . Wont be able to attend this year . I'am not a football/baseball/basketball type been known to frequent also Calgary Stampede , National Cowboy Poetry Gatherings (Elko) , buffalo long range type shoots like the Matthew Quigley Buffalo Rifle Match , Angola Prison Rodeo (as a spectator) , ETC Strange though always kept my distance and never had no desire to ride at the Mustang Ranch !!!!!!! Let them learn on their own don"t tell em all our secrets !!!

Old 07-19-2018, 03:06 PM

It’s been some 12 years since we’ve been to CFD. Gee, wonder if we will be the oldest couple there at 69 and 70 years old??? However, we don’t look our age and sure don’t act the age a lot.

It didn’t really hit us about how many things we use to do, and really missed, in Colorado and Wyoming until a couple of years ago. Either of us had seen as many horses as we did at the CFD Parade. And, the Indian Village was great, but then again, I’ve studied the Indian Wars and the different tribes.

As much as wife and I love rodeo, all the way from Little Britches to the Pro’s and Old Timers, we also love the Old West.

Never been to the Calgary Stampede, but they don’t have my former event of Team Roping.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:37 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,369,264 times
We used to go every year either with horses. But, it sorta lost it's shine and we haven't returned since Lane Frost was killed there.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDawg View Post
We used to go every year either with horses. But, it sorta lost it's shine and we haven't returned since Lane Frost was killed there.
Was there yesterday for the Tuesday go-around. Forgot how long one performance is. One bull rider scored 90, but the rest of the guys in all roughstock events were being thrown off right and left. In the Timed Events, guys couldn’t catch with a loop or bulldog at all.

Lots of folks that know nothing about rodeo. Lots of folks in shorts and tennis shoes.

Looked to us like CFD today is more about money than a good rodeo. CFD is still a HUGE draw of people, but...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming