Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 07:41 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernborn View Post
Park County, bighorn county parts of hot springs county meet your list.

also, invest in the Air Med service. The Air Med ( helicopter) care network is essential because you won't always be at home when you need to be flown from YNP or the middle of the beartooths to bozeman or billings ( I've done it three times, very expensive without adequate insurance for the flights) it's $5 a month covers the whole family.

Powell has everything you desire, parts of wapiti, happy to show you around and introduce you to a very very good real estate broker, JohnKendrick , they are origianl pioneers in Wyoming ( Kendrick ranch, kendrick mansion in sheriden, etc etc) and there is nothing he doesn't know about building, buying renting in Wyoming....consider renting.

4 bedroom houses on 5 acres are rented by our friends with everything included for $1400 a month, cheaper than a new mortgage by far for the same house.

hopefully Welcome to Wyoming! Glad to have more shooters
Yes to the bolded. It's what I intended to suggest in my post, but I see I forgot to mention the "air" part of air ambulance service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 08:37 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,171,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Yes to the bolded. It's what I intended to suggest in my post, but I see I forgot to mention the "air" part of air ambulance service.

You need to check the coverages of your medical insurance policy. You may find that "medically" ordered air transport is a covered item with all such air transport services.

As Air Med describes in their brochure, their service guarantees air transport from point of need only to the closest medical provider using their partner air transport companies. They recoup the cost of doing so from your medical insurance. Air Med is, in net effect, only a clearing house for some of the aviation based medical transport companies of the area. Their coverage extends only to the carriers that they have contracted with; ie, there may be other air transporters in the region who may be the one best able to provide air transport service at the time of need. You must take care that the air transporter is within their network or they won't cover the cost.

The benefit to signing up with these folks is if you do not otherwise have medical air transport insurance coverage. At $85/year, it may be a good deal if you need such insurance.

Last edited by sunsprit; 02-12-2019 at 09:05 AM..

Old 02-14-2019, 07:20 AM

65 posts, read 79,584 times
Wow! Thank you for ALL of the responses! I’ll need a day or two to read through them, and discuss options & priorities with my other half. The Air Med is a definite consideration.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:38 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Good suggestion, and yes we've got it as well.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:54 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,472,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
You need to check the coverages of your medical insurance policy. You may find that "medically" ordered air transport is a covered item with all such air transport services.

As Air Med describes in their brochure, their service guarantees air transport from point of need only to the closest medical provider using their partner air transport companies. They recoup the cost of doing so from your medical insurance. Air Med is, in net effect, only a clearing house for some of the aviation based medical transport companies of the area. Their coverage extends only to the carriers that they have contracted with; ie, there may be other air transporters in the region who may be the one best able to provide air transport service at the time of need. You must take care that the air transporter is within their network or they won't cover the cost.

The benefit to signing up with these folks is if you do not otherwise have medical air transport insurance coverage. At $85/year, it may be a good deal if you need such insurance.
This is good info; appreciated! I read this in their website:
"Membership fees alone are not enough to cover the cost of member transports. Those fees are prepaid protection against costs not covered by a member’s insurance, other benefits or third party responsibility. Almost all of our members have some type of insurance, benefit or third party responsibility that covers all or part of the cost of transport. Collecting enough from those sources is necessary to keep membership fees low. Of course, if there is no other source of payment for a member’s transport, the transport is still covered in full by the membership."

I also read it is an alliance of 4 major air medical carriers. So that may be a little different than a clearing house, i.e., not just a broker; sounds like a joint venture 'financial pool' for these 4 companies, almost like a minor insurance carrier.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:53 PM

64 posts, read 101,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
This is good info; appreciated! I read this in their website:
"Membership fees alone are not enough to cover the cost of member transports. Those fees are prepaid protection against costs not covered by a member’s insurance, other benefits or third party responsibility. Almost all of our members have some type of insurance, benefit or third party responsibility that covers all or part of the cost of transport. Collecting enough from those sources is necessary to keep membership fees low. Of course, if there is no other source of payment for a member’s transport, the transport is still covered in full by the membership."

I also read it is an alliance of 4 major air medical carriers. So that may be a little different than a clearing house, i.e., not just a broker; sounds like a joint venture 'financial pool' for these 4 companies, almost like a minor insurance carrier.
It is. flew twice without and 3 times with it. unless you have an extra 80k laying around, buy it. Lake hotel to St Vincents in Billings was $89,000 for air alone, i was responsible for $29,000 of that.

Emergency care here in Park County is top shelf, if they can save lives after grizzly attacks they certainly can stabilize you to get to st v's and now we have a new cardiac care unit opening in nearby cody. Most top of their filed doctors and nurses burn out in the cities and end up here we have the best healthcare I've ever gotten including in NY where they almost killed me by giving me surgery too soon after medicine.

you go to St V's and it's like a sci-fi show, it's amazing what they can do, most surgeons are B+ there but the cardiac surgery nurses are A++ their teams are fantastic.

main reason we ended up back here after travelling the last 50 years, healthcare here is excellent.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:16 AM

Thank you for the extra information about the air services. We’re doing a thorough review of finances, timeline, etc. Everything depends on facts, figures, age and practicality. Thank you, very much.

There is also a caveat of my being in a wheelchair within the next year or two. (Recent spine news.) If that occurs, it may negate the entire inquiry.

Last edited by Suzee8; 02-24-2019 at 06:43 AM..

Old 03-02-2019, 06:17 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,472,961 times
Just saw the above. I wish you the very best with your spinal situation.... and am sure everyone else does as well.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:30 AM

3,648 posts, read 6,288,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzee8 View Post
Thank you for the extra information about the air services. We’re doing a thorough review of finances, timeline, etc. Everything depends on facts, figures, age and practicality. Thank you, very much.

There is also a caveat of my being in a wheelchair within the next year or two. (Recent spine news.) If that occurs, it may negate the entire inquiry.
We built a new house on the new ranch, pretty open inside, wide doors , wide showers that you can get a wheel chair into. a ramp up to the big covered front porch... I helped take care of grand parents and my wife took care of her folks. we was thinking my mom maybe in a year or so... and later on it set up for when we get old....

Old 03-06-2019, 06:59 AM

Thank you, nm9stheham, for your kind wishes; and thank you, jody_wy, for the wide halls and ramps suggestion. We really are looking at all possibilities. I’m of the mindset that if mobility shifts, it’s not the end of the world. Just adjust your thinking and it will work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming