Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 16,032 times

Advertisements

I am curious why house in Marbleton, Wyoming is so expensive? Considering that it is a small town with high unemployment rate.

According to, rent and for sale vacancy are high. It seem contradict with deman and supply principal.

I would appreciate if somebody can provide an explanation on this. Thanks.

Last edited by Yac; 10-05-2023 at 04:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 03:01 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ew86 View Post
I am curious why house in Marbleton, Wyoming is so expensive? Considering that it is a small town with high unemployment rate.

According to, rent and for sale vacancy are high. It seem contradict with deman and supply principal.

I don't know Marbleton at all, but if I had to hazard some guesses:

1. Retirees who don't need to work
2. Those able to work remotely
3. High tax, high crime, Covid lockdown refugees who sold their homes for a LOT of money and have cash in hand to buy outright (and still put a ton of money in the bank when its all said and done)

Translation - those who don't need to work, those not dependent on the local economy for a job, those with cash in hand and who are panic fleeing and panic buying. All real estate is expensive in WY right now (actually most of the country now). All bets are off and rules are gone. I could sell my house in a few hours for twice what I paid for it only a few years ago. It's not worth twice what I paid for it, but I could get it.

Last edited by Yac; 10-05-2023 at 04:37 AM..

Old 07-06-2021, 05:53 PM

507 posts, read 662,079 times
Marbleton is one of the lowest priced places in Wyoming for real estate. As is the case with Big Piney and LaBarge as well.
It's either your frame of reference-what the houses cost where you are.... or as usual faulty disinformation on the internet.

Old 07-06-2021, 07:00 PM

254 posts, read 260,879 times
Might be a bit higher because Hoback Ranches/Bondurant burnt a few years back and looks horrible now. Those that would looking there normally could be looking out further...??

Old 07-06-2021, 09:07 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,787,669 times
The median home cost in Marbleton, as listed at link, is 25% below US average. If that seems high, I assume you are in a low home price area. South, southwest or midwest? What price point & home / land details are you looking for?

It is quite likely that affordable / desirable homes are under-represented on the market with more expensive homes over-represented. Worth more or people just fishing for a motivating offer. Bad / cheap houses may either not be common in the listings or perhaps they are being ignored. Some with the knowledge and willpower might try to fix up, though it may or may not be a great idea in all cases.

On average Marbleton households have more kids than US average. Unemployment may be a bit elevated but median family income is above US average.

You know about how cold it can get in winter there? If not for the long cold winter, small town size without tourism fame, housing prices would probably be higher.

Last edited by NW Crow; 07-06-2021 at 09:30 PM..

Old 07-07-2021, 07:47 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,473,483 times
As said, towns along that route, like Kemmerer, Marbleton, Daniel, and Big Piney, and not prosperous, high priced towns. It would be helpful to see what specific home is being considered; there are a few high priced homes scattered around that area.

BTW, only portion of Hoback/Bondurant got burned. Plenty of that are looks fine, and the house prices have not suffered. (I tracked home prices there for about 3 years, and the jumped up with the rest.)

Old 07-07-2021, 12:17 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,401,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ew86 View Post

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site, rent and for sale vacancy are high. It seem contradict with deman and supply principal.

Don't believe everything you read on the www. It's full of misrepresentation and just plain manipulated numbers.

That area has very low crime compared to Idaho next door. http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Afton-Wyoming.html LaBarge is about half the numbers of ID

And prices are not that high - cheapest I found was $20k - now that's low. Most expensive about $320k so there's a lot of play in between

Are you still looking for a mobile home park to buy?

Last edited by Yac; 07-13-2021 at 10:58 PM..

Old 07-07-2021, 04:11 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,020 times
The land there in Marbleton is expensive because it is ancient Native-American burial-ground, and the developers want to ensure they get as much money out of whoever moves there BEFORE the gates of Hell open-up, and swallow all the housing-units into one gigantic-singularity, from-which not even LIGHT can escape.

Don't you get it ? THEY ONLY MOVED THE HEADSTONES ! ! !

https://youtu.be/muK76t178cs

Old 07-07-2021, 06:29 PM

497 posts, read 484,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
The land there in Marbleton is expensive because it is ancient Native-American burial-ground, and the developers want to ensure they get as much money out of whoever moves there BEFORE the gates of Hell open-up, and swallow all the housing-units into one gigantic-singularity, from-which not even LIGHT can escape.

Don't you get it ? THEY ONLY MOVED THE HEADSTONES ! ! !

https://youtu.be/muK76t178cs

As long as I don't get swallowed by a tree or maimed by a clown puppet I'm good.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:52 AM

3,648 posts, read 6,290,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
As long as I don't get swallowed by a tree or maimed by a clown puppet I'm good.
the tree problem not a problem in Marbleton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming