Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2007, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,226 times

Advertisements

I'm 26 years old moving from Detroit to Casper. I am concerned that there won’t be enough things to do to keep me occupied and happy. I like to go camping and fish for salmon, steelhead, and trout. Is the fishing out there any good, could I get attacked by a bear or mountain lion? Another one of my concerns is that the nightlife in Casper is pretty lame; I like to go out and party. Is there a mainstreet with bars and restaurants along it, are the women pretty? Also are there any good golf courses in Casper. I’m trying to get a better idea of what I am getting myself into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 10:11 AM

24 posts, read 110,174 times
Most people your age hang out in bars, so you probably won't be disappointed. There's pretty good fishing, I think; I'm not into it much. About three golf courses, I think.

sue

Old 08-15-2007, 05:32 PM

11,550 posts, read 53,014,054 times
PaganChild's obviously on a roll today with lots of misinformation.

Casper's got a heavy dose of local bars due to the large extractive industry worker population, so there's lot of that type of action in town.

Located on the Platte River, the local stretches have some decent fishing. Of course, Alcova, Pathfinder, Glendo, and Seminoe Reservoirs are very close by for lake fishing. You can look up the fishing reports for yourself online, or see the Wednesday Outdoors supplement in the Cheyenne Tribune-Eagle for the weekly columns. Casper StarTribune also lists the statewide fishing reports.

The Medicine Bow Nat'l Forest, Laramie Mountains, and many other local or regional public lands offer excellent big-game hunting. Neighbors here go to the Snowy Range for Elk and Deer every year and fill their freezers.

Lots of camping throughout the region, ranging from developed to very primitive areas. If you're into horses, there's virtually endless miles of trail riding awaiting your exploration, and camping there, too.

I've never seen bears in the area, and only once seen a mountain lion as I rode past the tree it was in on my horse. I didn't see the cat until one of the other people riding with me pointed it out after his horse spooked ....

Overall, if you're into outdoor recreation, Casper offers a lot of opportunities and very low population density to use them. I'd bet there's more folks at Alcova from Colorado on a summer weekend then there are Wyoming people.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
PaganChild's obviously on a roll today with lots of misinformation.

Casper's got a heavy dose of local bars due to the large extractive industry worker population, so there's lot of that type of action in town.

Located on the Platte River, the local stretches have some decent fishing. Of course, Alcova, Pathfinder, Glendo, and Seminoe Reservoirs are very close by for lake fishing. You can look up the fishing reports for yourself online, or see the Wednesday Outdoors supplement in the Cheyenne Tribune-Eagle for the weekly columns. Casper StarTribune also lists the statewide fishing reports.

The Medicine Bow Nat'l Forest, Laramie Mountains, and many other local or regional public lands offer excellent big-game hunting. Neighbors here go to the Snowy Range for Elk and Deer every year and fill their freezers.

Lots of camping throughout the region, ranging from developed to very primitive areas. If you're into horses, there's virtually endless miles of trail riding awaiting your exploration, and camping there, too.

I've never seen bears in the area, and only once seen a mountain lion as I rode past the tree it was in on my horse. I didn't see the cat until one of the other people riding with me pointed it out after his horse spooked ....

Overall, if you're into outdoor recreation, Casper offers a lot of opportunities and very low population density to use them. I'd bet there's more folks at Alcova from Colorado on a summer weekend then there are Wyoming people.

well there is where you are wrong there are a lot of peopel every where and they do the same thing the go out and party spend time with family and no we dont like other towns and cities we like to stay in casper unless we go on vacation

Old 08-31-2007, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 14,787 times
I know Casper is promoting job opertunities in the Mich Area as Casper has many residents that I have talked to formally from the Detriot and surrounding areas. I must say that the ones I have talked to are not necessary happy with Casper, it's extream weather and the pay verses housing cost.
Wyoming is a beautiful state, as are all the states in the US ( every place has it's own beauty ) and welcomes all types of people, no matter race or religion and with the energy industrie boom that is presently happening does have an abondunce of jobs in all fields.
As for bars, pretty women and lame night life you asked about, I would have to say, that every place has plenty of bars, lots of pretty women and of course, one only makes for their own lame setting. As for the fishing, our fishing is still good for the most part if you like trout, but know that there are lots of suckers and carp to contend with. And no no, don't worry about getting attacked by bears and mountain lions ( they only attack male humans that drink alot and like pretty women in lame bars...ha ha)
All in all, I do think that one would enjoy the surroundings and envirement of Wyoming if they were to come and visit/work or reside as I know I have for the last 54 years. Heck, come on down and give it a try!
Ed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming