Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 PM

3 posts, read 8,523 times

Advertisements

hello was wandering if any one could suggest a good place in Wyoming to rent a house that allows dogs i have two and job availability i would love to move to Cody or lander or riverton or Powell or really anywhere in Wyoming looks like my kind of place i want new scenery and mountains i live in Ohio job market sucks boring landscape wanting to strike out west but i am having trouble finding decent jobs and house rentals would like to buy something but not right now i would appreciate any help in this matter i cant afford to take a vacation and look around first so i plan to find a place and job and go thanks everybody for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,968,807 times
These websites may help a great deal. The first one is Wyoming Job Services and lists every available job in the state that is listed with Job Services in every town. Gives full details as to wages, benefits, job description, qualifications, everything. The second site is for "State" only jobs.

http://www.wyomingatwork.com/

https://egov.state.wy.us/ThankYou.aspx

Old 05-28-2008, 12:15 AM

430 posts, read 1,620,244 times
Hi "trying". OK - my experience moving to Cody 20 years ago - I lived in my pick-up for 5 days BATHING IN A RIVER basically before work in the mornings until I found a VERY expensive apt to live in for a month then a few homes for sale that I could live in - lived in 5 places (after my pick-up with my hubby & a lab) until I was able to find a house I could afford 2 years later. I just straight-up moved here from southeastern Wyo & mistakenly thought I'd find a place to live in a day or so. Au contrire!!!! Is a beatch to try to find a place here - esp. affordable. Riverton might give you the best opportunity to have pets & maybe less expensive & POSSIBLY more availability. It is on a reservation but is a fairly self-sufficient town & ot far from really beautiful country in 3 directions. Is about 140 miles or so to Casper, which would be your closest "shopping town" but Riverton can keep you in supplies & has a lot of the big box stores from Wlmart to Lowes or Home depot or whatever. Check the sites elkhunter posted - if you have a camper at least, best idea is to bring that with you...may need it. I am also from Ohio - you must be from eastern OH or north half if the view is so boring? I am from central to a LITTLE south and I LOVED it. JUST over into the hills heading into Appalachia country. Was homesick for 35 years - not joking!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 04:32 AM

Default looking for house

thank you elk hunter and wyomama i will check out threads and keep looking yes i live near toledo the toilet bowl of ohio i have been down to hocking hills that is a beautiful place but no work there thanks again.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:20 AM

430 posts, read 1,620,244 times
Yeah the economy in OH (esp south) BLOWS!!! If I was to ever move back there (which I won't) it would be Galipolis. BEAUTIFUL town right on the river. I go back every yr as my son live across the river south of Huntington, WV now (who would have guessed???) but was in the army at Ft. Bragg & married a young lady from WV & they DON'T move far from Mama. I mean like NOT FAR AT ALL!! LOL!!!! But is beautiful there & he has a great job - one he can retire from with GREAT bennies / retirement in his 50's (he's 26 now) so that is a great jump on life after the army. They are currently building a house on a piece of property in the "holler" that they have paid for so that is a big plus.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:16 AM

I also lived in Bragg when my dad was in the army i dont remember too much of Bragg but of which i do it was nice i grew up on alot of army bases was even born on one in California i hope i can find a house in Wyoming to rent though to get started out there you must have a awesome scenery i am so jealous.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:00 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,049,922 times
I just wanted to say best of luck to you in finding a place and I hope you have a successful move to Wyo... You will love it here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming