Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:18 PM

17 posts, read 85,284 times

Advertisements

I am looking for theses kind of old style dodge truck if you know where one is for sale let me know or know of a yard that has some let me know. Like to get some projects rolling. Also they need be in fairly nice condition not rust buckets. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 01:40 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,042,917 times
Have you tried posting in the Automotive forum?

Or are you looking for an old dodge truck in Wyoming?

Old 06-02-2008, 02:21 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,898,034 times
I was just down to Mr R's in Buffalow. Biggest junkyard in Northern Wyoming.

Unfortunately, like any other junk yard, they're out to make a living. So anything beyong a certain year gets crushed.

But I have seen lots of old ranchers that have a few old pickups setting along the back fence along with some old equipment. But never stopped and looked them over as to year, make and model.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll find somebody on here that has some idea's of what your looking for.

ElkHunter

Old 06-02-2008, 02:27 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,587 posts, read 57,536,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
Have you tried posting in the Automotive forum?

Or are you looking for an old dodge truck in Wyoming?
It is a great tact to check the WY, NE, KS forums for these vintage trucks, (less rust). Maybe you should post a sample pic's so folks will know what to look for, and maybe they have one or more out in the farmyard.

Too bad you missed the big sale in Bridgeport, NE last month (it was a week long !). They had many Dodges. There is a truck wrecking yard near Kimball, NE and many more in the NE panhandle.

Are you looking for a truck, or a pickup? There are a lot of Dodge grain trucks that got abandoned due to it being so tough to find engines for that vintage. A recent auction in eastern WA had 3, and they went for under $1000 each, with good hoists and grain beds. You should be able to get a pickup for $500, but now that scrap steel is so high, you better act fast!

Old 06-02-2008, 03:10 PM

Sorry I didn't realize you were looking specifically around here at first

Have you tried looking on Ebay? That is a good place to look, I have found old trucks in Wyo on there before.. some are for pretty good deals sometimes... Another idea is craig's list...

Mr. R's is a nice junk yard, we have bought a few parts from them.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:15 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,898,034 times
We do have a junk yard in Sheridan. But what a joke. Well, actually, I've got to say it's new so he doesn't have a real good selection just yet.

I went in looking for a common alternator for a 97 ford car. He said, "Sorry, we don't have anything that old on the lot."

Old 06-02-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
We do have a junk yard in Sheridan. But what a joke. Well, actually, I've got to say it's new so he doesn't have a real good selection just yet.

I went in looking for a common alternator for a 97 ford car. He said, "Sorry, we don't have anything that old on the lot."
HAHAHA! He calls 97 old!

I didn't know about the new junk yard in Sheridan. I have never seen a nice junk yard like Mr. R's in Buffalo. Back in Oregon, you should have seen what they looked like, the cars, trucks ect were just plopped where every they landed like a tornado swept thru or something lol...

Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 AM

Thumbs up Yeah Still looking

I lived up in sheridan for 2 years went to school. I know where MR Rs is. I check with them when I was their but nothing that old. Thats were I got dash gauges for my car. It's okay place like you said really high. The fences are weird, they make sure you park quite bit from the yard that way no stealing. You have to go through couple gates and few viedow cameras. Yeah If you know of any junk yards that have these would appreciate it willing to travel. Here is picture of another person truck but this is what they look like. Sorry the picture is so small.
Attached Thumbnails
1962-1971 dodge trucks-9ozziequs-20sweptline-201.jpg  

Old 06-05-2008, 02:24 PM

I will keep an eye out for one for ya...

Old 06-18-2008, 02:11 AM

Default Thanks kristy

You live in sheridan have family, thought would ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming