Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 PM

72 posts, read 239,199 times

Advertisements

I don't think the thread starter is genuine.

(the spelling/grammer is too consistently nonconsistent)

Me thinks it's a fishing expedition to get a hot button subject escalating.

It did succeed, though.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:55 PM

430 posts, read 1,622,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattack View Post
I know that sounds funny but its been a long time since I have been around like minded people.
Thanks Wyoming
LOL!!! Those of us who LOVE our state the WAY IT IS stand pretty much together. AND that is what makes Wyo the GREAT STATE OF WYOMING!!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdmckee View Post
I don't think the thread starter is genuine.

(the spelling/grammer is too consistently nonconsistent)

Me thinks it's a fishing expedition to get a hot button subject escalating.

It did succeed, though.
AHHHh he/she's full of it - hasn't a CLUE what she's /he's talking about - wonder if is even REAL since 2 of the 3 sites didn't work on that one post. Might be a "bot" from a special interest (environmental tree-hugging) group.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:18 PM

12 posts, read 45,192 times
Default The word "forums" means open mind discussion!!!!

Hi to all : I love my country (USA, specially Wy). Somebody wrote, my English is bad, who care: do you care ?? I worked all my life and I pay tax all my life. But if the beautiful Wy is destroyed by other factors, I do care. That is why I creat the " DO YOU THINK !!! " THREAD to talk about that. I read somebody wrote this forums is very " friendly ". But after I posted this thread, I have a second thought.

kq6ee55

Old 06-08-2008, 08:54 PM

Maybe because your "FACTS" are bogus!!! You come on as a tree-hugging environmentalist trying to stir up trouble. Remember - probably the majority of us are in some way or another connected to the energy booms in Wyo & environmental impacts are TOUGH. Wyo survives on mineral royalties pretty much & capping off all our wells has been hard on our economy but now with the methane industry we are coming out a little better.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:57 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kq6ee55 View Post
Hi to all : I love my country (USA, specially Wy). Somebody wrote, my English is bad, who care: do you care ?? I worked all my life and I pay tax all my life. But if the beautiful Wy is destroyed by other factors, I do care. That is why I creat the " DO YOU THINK !!! " THREAD to talk about that. I read somebody wrote this forums is very " friendly ". But after I posted this thread, I have a second thought.

kq6ee55

Well, you didn't just post. You accused Wyoming of several things, with nothing to back it up and we know they're not right.

We ain't broke. So please don't try to fix us until we are.

I mean, no matter what I've heard, when I meet somebody I don't start out with "Hello, my name is Bill, do you still beat your wife?"

Old 06-08-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Well, you didn't just post. You accused Wyoming of several things, with nothing to back it up and we know they're not right.

We ain't broke. So please don't try to fix us until we are.

I mean, no matter what I've heard, when I meet somebody I don't start out with "Hello, my name is Bill, do you still beat your wife?"
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT point, Elkhunter!!!!!! And then have include 2 websites to back up the accusations that are dead sites.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:01 PM

357 posts, read 1,613,838 times
Default Just a few facts... they're easy to obtain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq6ee55 View Post
To all dear "Wy-ians": As you know, Wy is the biggest coal production, state, biggest coal burning power generation state. I heard a lot of news about Wy-ians complant about oil drilling their backyard. First of all, I am a enviromentist, I believe climate change. I feel sad that the oil compay will destroy the beauty of WY and Alaska BEACUS OF THE THIRSTY DRIVING HUMMER. I hope I can do something to improve the enviroment but I am one of the 200 millionth citizen like everybody else. What can I do??? WELCOME ANY SUGGESTIONS, COMEMTS, AGRUMENTS, ETC !!!!
Facts are easy to obtain, especially if you trouble yourself to go to actual sources of facts, not propaganda generators like the Sierra Club and other environmentalists.

If you go to the EIA's web site:

Energy Information Administration - EIA - Official Energy Statistics from the U.S. Government

You can find all sorts of actual statistics on energy development, use, trends, etc. Hard facts, paid for with your tax dollars.

Wyoming isn't even in the top 10 coal-consuming/burning states. The top four are:

Texas, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania.

All of these states generate over 10,000,000 megawatts of power with coal.

Wyoming generates about 3,900,000 megawatts from coal - barely a third of what any one of these states generates.

Wyoming is the biggest coal producing state in the US, yes. The reason for this is that Wyoming's coal is a) high in BTU content for the weight of material, b) lower in ash, c) very low in sulphur. Environmental regs have made Wyoming coal some of the most preferred coal in the US due to sulphur emissions regs on power plants.

I've lived in a lot of places around the US. I think I've seen one Hummer here in Wyoming with a Wyoming plate on it. The state were I saw the most Hummers was in California, the supposedly "enlightened" environmental haven.

As for complaints about oil drilling - I'm pretty attuned to the various propaganda campaigns run by environmentalists and they're the people making the most noise about oil or CBM drilling in Wyoming. The only other concerns I've heard about about water table issues with CBM drilling, which is a valid concern - not contamination of the water so much as punching through the bottom of perched water tables.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:50 PM

208 posts, read 909,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb826 View Post
BTW- Do you have some keys missing from your keyboard?
Oh you made my day -- I soooo wanted to say something to them before but couldn't find a nice way to do it. That is a great line and would you mind if I used it in the future. I am no way a spelling nazi but I have a hard time reading something that has spelling errors all over the place. now me -- my brain gets ahead of my fingers and I leave out entire words.[/quote]

Glad to be of assistance... I was battling the same problem with posing a polite question. Use away....

Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 PM

THANK YOU NVDave - as I said earlier - go pick on the the eaterners. THERE is where your huge waste is (can you only IMAGINE how much is wasted with all those lights outlining buildings even like in Houston & Dallas? The big cities are such GIANT waster just for "aesthetics" in their "sky" pollution (high rises). I know they have to have lights at the tops because of aircraft but outlining whole buildings????? And let us just take a GANDER at Times square to mention one spot on the map!!!! THAT is one electric bill that would be fascinating to see...at least some of the very first wind generating farms were put in Wyo back in the late 70's or early 80's. Unfortunately they blew to pieces as they put them in the Bordeaux cut & they really had no idea of the power of the wind. THANKFULLY nobody was injured when they blew to pieces. But we are the first state to have operating wind generating farms. And there is a LOT of solar power use here as well.

Unfortunately I have seen a few too many Hummers, but most now are the Hummer-3's - they are the cheap-arse smaller versions, right? There are a few over-puffed individuals (mostly part-time residents) who have the big hummers but hardly see them anymore. Yes, we do drive a lot of pick-ups. Because we have to haul a lot of stuff (including our garbage in many cases & because of the type of roads & weather we drive on/in. But trust me - I'm seeing a LOT more bicycles on the streets in Cody these days. Oh - and we have several "straw houses" - amazingly eco-friendly & well insulated with minimal energy (and the ones I know of are solar powered). And we use the berm housing a lot as well. So I think Wyo is thinking very green in many ways. Sorry to burst one's bubble...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming