Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2008, 08:23 PM

25 posts, read 90,581 times

Advertisements

Cody is one of two places the wife and I are considering moving too. I was wondering if their is any interest in or practioners of Reiki in the Cody area. I am a Reiki master/teacher and would consider starting a Reiki practice if there is an interest there. Any information would be greatly appricated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 11:19 PM

430 posts, read 1,623,163 times
Quite frankly? No. I'm into Cody & spiritism is not really strong here - not to be mistaken for spirituality.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:07 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times
I have heard of Reiki, however I am more familiar with Sheridan than Cody.

Have you considered Billings,MT? It is more of a metropolitan place. It is the biggest city in Montana, and that would give you a larger population of people and maybe draw some interest?

Although I wouldn't completely rule out Wyoming just yet either though, Casper and Cheyenne you could check into, maybe even Sheridan.

Like I said I am not sure what the interest level/desire would be around here.

Reiki is a type of massage isn't it? I have seen alternative medicine clinics here and there through out Wyoming... So you may call some of them around the state.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:07 AM

3 posts, read 6,624 times
I lived in Cody several years ago, and knew someone who was looking into setting up a Reiki practice...unfortunately she found there was not much interest. Like I said, that was several years ago, though.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 AM

25 posts, read 90,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
I have heard of Reiki, however I am more familiar with Sheridan than Cody.

Have you considered Billings,MT? It is more of a metropolitan place. It is the biggest city in Montana, and that would give you a larger population of people and maybe draw some interest?

No, MT. really isn't a consideration because of the cost of homes. Also we are not looking for any large towns or cities. I was born and raised in rural PA and it is getting over crowded in my opinion. I am hoping to move to a place where life has a pace much slower than SE PA has become. We did a tour of Idaho, Wyoming, and MT. We fell in love with WY and after more research it seems that the Cody - Wapiti area doesn't get over powered with snow if I can believe the averages I found on line.

The fact that Reiki doesn't seem to be popular there won't influence our desire to move there. I know it is getting more popular even with the medical field as an added benifit to regular medicine.

Last edited by Kristynwy; 08-05-2008 at 02:16 PM..

Old 08-05-2008, 02:24 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reikihands View Post
No, MT. really isn't a consideration because of the cost of homes. Also we are not looking for any large towns or cities. I was born and raised in rural PA and it is getting over crowded in my opinion. I am hoping to move to a place where life has a pace much slower than SE PA has become. We did a tour of Idaho, Wyoming, and MT. We fell in love with WY and after more research it seems that the Cody - Wapiti area doesn't get over powered with snow if I can believe the averages I found on line.

The fact that Reiki doesn't seem to be popular there won't influence our desire to move there. I know it is getting more popular even with the medical field as an added benifit to regular medicine.
Not sure where all you have toured in Montana, but eastern Montana and other parts of the state are more reasonably priced for homes. Billings and the surrounding area has some reasonable home prices and rent last time I checked, which was just the other day.

My husband and I may have to move up that way towards Billings, Mt if we can't find a rental in our current area. Because of the housing/rental crisis in Sheridan, Buffalo & Gillette. We have been searching for a year and a half unsuccessfully for something we can afford, my husband loves the company he works for, but will not allow us to be homeless to stay where we are at. We were supposed to be turning in an application to Rural Development for a home loan, but I am getting very apprehensive to do that now, I have heard from some realtors that the market in Sheridan and Buffalo as well as Gillette it has become "stagnant" and not moving. Wyoming is a very cyclical economy, and when and if a bust every happens, home values will plummit some, I am afraid of paying more than a home is actually worth. Too many people all over this country have over extended themselves and I am do not want to make that mistake.
So I have been doing more research about properties in the country outside of Billings, they seem to be a lot more reasonable.

The more west you go in Montana it seems like the more housing and and home/land prices start to go up.

Cody is a very nice area though, I am not as familiar with housing there though. However there are a few Cody residents that can give you a better idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming