U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-04-2007, 12:08 PM

9 posts, read 27,350 times
Default Lyman WY

Do you now anything abt Lyman in Wyoming?? Somethings abt job, peoples, maybe fotos? Is it a good place to live?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 07:37 PM

3 posts, read 13,691 times
I have lived in Lyman WY for 5 years now, I think I know a little bit. I have to admit it was hard living here to start with but I love it now and will never leave. I was used to being able to run to wal-mart if I needed anything. Lyman is a farming community and you generally have to drive 45 minutes to Evanston WY, 1hr to Rock Springs or 1hr & 30min to Salt Lake City UT to go to a Wal-mart or clothing store. There is a grocery store/Ace hardware in Mountain View which is only 10 minutes from Lyman.
It is a small town. VERY small. It is only one town in what makes up the Bridger Valley, a combination of many other small towns. Mountain View, Fort Bridger, Robertson, and more. I have 4 children-1 preschool 2 elementary 1 Middle school aged. One of the main reasons I will never leave is the schools are awesome. My kids average 15 kids per class. My middle schooler will graduate with a class of about 75. The teachers are well paid and the classes have the latest in technology available to them (unlike other places I have been). There is two high schools in the Bridger Valley. Two middle schools and 3 elementary schools. School sports are a big thing here. If you have children that want to be involved they can play every sport. No child is turned away.
Most people are employeed by the local utilities (union telephone company and Bridger Valley Electric), The oil-field, and local trona mines(FMC, General Chemical, Solvay, and more) trona makes glass and baking soda, and of course the schools.
There is a small library in both Lyman and Mountain View.
Homes are hard to come by right now. Most people buy land and build. There is lots of land for sale. A web site to check out is
There is a strong Mormon influence here. Family means everything to them, and many generations of family tend to be here who can trace their history back to the people who settled the area. Which means that they take great pride in the area and if you have a tendency to gossip you might ask if the person you are going to comment on is their cousin/brother/uncle.
Hope that helps!

Last edited by MHT; 02-06-2007 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 02-05-2007, 02:41 PM

592 posts, read 1,883,377 times
Ahhh...the good memories I have of Lyman. Personally, I absolutely loved the place but it was pretty tough to find work. A friend of mine used to own the cafe/motel in Ft. Bridger as well as the jewelery store in Lyman which is what brought me to the valley to begin with. I don't know what you're looking for Rob, but I remember it as a nice place with bad water. I loved it because the farther I can be away from the hustle and bustle, the happier I am. I haven't been there in a number of years, but as a whole, I think WY is one of the finest states to live in provided you can survive and be happy without the amenities of larger populated places.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:04 AM

9 posts, read 27,350 times
Wow, thx. That's wonderfull and what with internet? Is there any troubles with connect?

Old 05-11-2007, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 3,909 times
Internet is not a problem in the valley, but your choices are limited. There is only a few companies that offer it, but connections are great. Also, cell phones are the same way.. a few to pick from. As always competition in less in a small town, which sometimes leads to higher pricers. Lyman is a great place,,,Bridger valley is a great place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming