U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,756,824 times
Default Blizzard Warning

When Elkhunter was here he did a weather thread - missing him!!! There was just a weather warning about a blizzard and some of the towns mentioned were in this SW corner of the state. Laramie was one of the towns. What are you seeing where you are? It is sunny and nice here in Rawlins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 10:24 AM

7,905 posts, read 19,872,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Lady View Post
When Elkhunter was here he did a weather thread - missing him!!! There was just a weather warning about a blizzard and some of the towns mentioned were in this SW corner of the state. Laramie was one of the towns. What are you seeing where you are? It is sunny and nice here in Rawlins.
Am I missing something? Has Laramie been transported to another location?
Have the proper authorities been notified?

It's most assuredly sunny and nice here in the corner SE of Cheyenne today, and we haven't had a "hard" frost yet this end of summer season. Still getting tomatoes from the garden, and from the greenhouse.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 AM

How funny Sunsprit. I stand corrected!! SE corner. I am directionally dysfunctional. My friends say they watch for which direction I wave my hand not what I say when it comes to right or left.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:23 PM

367 posts, read 530,350 times
My weather radio went off today here in Cheyenne in regards to a blizzard warning. It was just a "test" of the system. It's 70 here today and I'm sure it's beautiful in Laramie as well. However, as we all know.....wait 5 min's...............it will change. :-)

Old 10-08-2008, 03:42 PM

4,165 posts, read 5,661,582 times
I am nearly envious of the Autumn weather in Wyoming. It is struggling to reach 30 here and we've had four inches of snow already in the past four days. That being said - there is no way I'd leave here...the mountains are exquisite blanketed in their Wintery garb.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heit View Post
My weather radio went off today here in Cheyenne in regards to a blizzard warning. It was just a "test" of the system. It's 70 here today and I'm sure it's beautiful in Laramie as well. However, as we all know.....wait 5 min's...............it will change. :-)
Maybe it was just a test. I saw it on the TV and it didn't say test. All I could find was a system that may bring something in on Saturday. I've been hearing about this wait 5 min's deal and was thinking WOW it does change FAST!

Highlandlady it is beautiful here without the snow! The leaves are slowly changing here now.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:54 PM

329 posts, read 669,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
I am nearly envious of the Autumn weather in Wyoming. It is struggling to reach 30 here and we've had four inches of snow already in the past four days. That being said - there is no way I'd leave here...the mountains are exquisite blanketed in their Wintery garb.
there was a ton of snow in the NE corner of the state and SD....a couple of friends of mine are stuck in Rapid City....they got something like 2-3 inches an hour! crazy! not ready for it yet! It's almost 60 here today....enjoying it!

Hope all is well up the the northland....I bet it is absolutely GORGEOUS up there....I'd love to take a cruise up there sometime and then do some land sight-seeing as well....

My dad is headed up there this weekend to do a photo shoot of the polar bears....I'm excited to see his work...he's a phenomenal photographer...even better when the subjects are animals we don't usually get to see!

Old 11-08-2008, 01:49 PM

4,165 posts, read 5,661,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekape View Post
there was a ton of snow in the NE corner of the state and SD....a couple of friends of mine are stuck in Rapid City....they got something like 2-3 inches an hour! crazy! not ready for it yet! It's almost 60 here today....enjoying it!

Hope all is well up the the northland....I bet it is absolutely GORGEOUS up there....I'd love to take a cruise up there sometime and then do some land sight-seeing as well....

My dad is headed up there this weekend to do a photo shoot of the polar bears....I'm excited to see his work...he's a phenomenal photographer...even better when the subjects are animals we don't usually get to see!
How fortunate for him!! I am not far enough North to see the polar bear...but I have enough other bruin in the neighbourhood
My father resides in Newcastle and he had been rubbing it in that last weekend was shirt-sleeved weather, low 70's, etc....but bit his tongue on Wednesday when they had their first blizzard. He said almost 8-9 inches fell but they had 45mph winds and 75mph wind gusts that created 4-foot drifts all over the place.
It hasn't been warmer than the 20's here in this fair state and once the snow arrives, it is here to stay. I had put out Hallowe'en decor prior to the snowfall and found that it will remain until Spring...ground is too frozen. Hopefully forensics won't be out - I have bones protruding from the snow

Old 11-08-2008, 05:34 PM

329 posts, read 669,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
I had put out Hallowe'en decor prior to the snowfall and found that it will remain until Spring...ground is too frozen. Hopefully forensics won't be out - I have bones protruding from the snow
omg, that is tttoooo funny!!!! I guess as long as the dogs aren't knawin' on plastic bones, you're okay! rofl

last year, my kids left the rake out one time...and I couldn't get it unstuck until spring! at least some passing cop wouldn't think I'd buried my grandmother in the front yard!!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 05:47 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,489,802 times
That weather thread was fun I will start a new thread for Winter Weather alerts that we can all posts any alerts we hear over the radio or on the news ect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming