Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:45 AM

592 posts, read 2,243,056 times

Advertisements

Nope, RS, but lived in GR for many years before that time. Look for a PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 AM

62 posts, read 200,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyomiles View Post
Nope, RS, but lived in GR for many years before that time. Look for a PM.
We lived in Green River in FMC housing for the first year. Then we bought a house at 215 Trail Dr. in Green River. I left for a job in California in December of 1984 and my family stayed to try to sell the house. It was a tough market back then. They finally came down to California in March of 1985. I ended up having the house for about 2 years before I finally let it go for just what we owed on it. We lost about $15,000 on it I guess. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
We are hoping to go up to the Newcastle area for our vacation in June, 2009. It should be fun. I am looking forward to it.
Les

Old 11-25-2008, 05:21 PM

Default Newcastle doctors

I was wondering if there are any doctors in Newcastle and how many there are about. I am wondering about general practitioners and internists? Thanks

Old 11-25-2008, 07:57 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,099,653 times
There are three current medical doctors and two PA-C's. There is a clinic and a hospital - both are adequate and if needs cannot be met, there is an ambulance company that can do transfers or if an emergency, a helicopter from any of the larger cities can land at the hospital.
Interns and students do come through from time to time doing their residencies for their assorted degrees.

There are three dentists (one was set to retire a few years back but I hear he still is at it), one eye doctor, two physical therapy clinics, and two or three psychiatrists.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:03 PM

I forgot to mention...there are several physicians from SD that come to Newcastle for either a monthly or bi-monthly 'clinic'. For example - podiatrists, dermatologists, and the like.
There are two surgeons who are more or less on call...unless needed for emergency purposes.
There is the Manor (nursing home) that is connected to the hospital. There is a Senior Citizen Center as well as an assisted living facility.

The physicians and hospital did away with their maternity ward a few years ago. They will deliver a baby if absolutely necessary, but they are more than likely going to send the mother to Rapid City, Casper, or Gillette.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:51 PM

HighlandLady,
Thanks so much for the info. I was just wondering what to expect when we come into town. You have answered my questions quite nicely.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:06 PM

You are very welcome I will answer what I can or find out for you those that I cannot.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:58 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,923,279 times
I am retired. I passed through Newcastle a few years ago, stayed overnight and it seemed very nice. How severe is the winter? Is there a lot of snow? Are the supermarkets well stocked, or do a lot of people drive to a city to stock up?

Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I am retired. I passed through Newcastle a few years ago, stayed overnight and it seemed very nice. How severe is the winter? Is there a lot of snow? Are the supermarkets well stocked, or do a lot of people drive to a city to stock up?
Winters in Newcastle can vary from year to year. They've had one storm this season that dumped a bit of snow, winds caused 3-4 ft. drifts in spots. Now it is in the 40's. It depends on which direction the storm comes in...Newcastle sits in a 'bowl' of sorts with hills all around. It sometimes has the 'banana belt' effect...outlying areas would receive more snow and colder temperatures. Temps can range far below zero (I recall one winter when temps were near -30º for awhile. Windchill factor can come into play also. Some years see more snow than others and it isn't an odd thing for there not to be snow at all. Seems like around February - April there will be a couple of storms that will dump a lot of wet, heavy snow. But then again, I've experienced thunderstorms in January and February there and snow in June and July. I feel it is fairly mild compared to some areas further north.
As far as the two grocery stores, they are fairly decent, but one would find more of a variety at the box stores in the larger towns - Rapid City, SD, Spearfish, SD, or Gillette, WY. Prices at the two stores are sometimes higher than the larger box stores. You definitely can find pretty much what you need at the Decker's store or Woody's...but I usually would make a trip once or twice a month to one of the larger towns - usually Spearfish - to stock up on non-perishables and the like. Most people from Newcastle do the same. I preferred Spearfish for the drive through Spearfish Canyon.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 PM

4 posts, read 9,276 times
Hello, I am currently looking for a place to rent in newcastle. My family and I will be moving up there from Nebraska at latest first of March for my job. Does anyone know of any homes for rent or lease, or rent to own, that allows pets. Any reply would be appreciated thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming