Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:57 AM

33 posts, read 90,901 times

Advertisements

You guys have been great! Thank you so much. I got a message from someone about a few other jobs out there. My husband is going to look into them and see what they are all about. My husband does have an interview with a company in Anchorage. So who knows. All we can do on our end is pray. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 10:31 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,552 times
Your husband isn't a failure at all. He had the guts to move to a far-away state to work and support his family. He did the right thing, and it is the employer who failed you guys. I'll bet he will find another job. And a relocation of your family from Florida to Wyoming would probably be a good move.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:31 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times
aww first of all big hugs to you I am so sorry your husband had to go through that...

I would also say don't give up. Jobs are so plentiful here.

We had that happen with housing, we had a rental taken right out from under us, a place to live is even harder to find than work here. Jobs are a breeze to find right now...

But with my husband's wonderful company banding together for us, they found us a house to rent that is absolutely wonderful, with a wonderful landlord.

I would say don't give up, there are lots of wonderful people here that would be willing to help him out.

Has he gone down to workforce services in Casper? They could probably helped him get lined up with another job quickly...

Best of luck to you...

Old 10-30-2008, 06:34 PM

83 posts, read 327,583 times
What kind of work does he do? My son went to JW Williams and got a job as a pipefitter trainee, he had no previous experience doing that at all. He told me there are jobs all over Casper at this time! Tell your hubby to look, he can find another job there with no problem! Wyoming is one of the few places not seeing this crash the rest of the country is seeing!

Old 11-04-2008, 10:25 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
I'm a little late responding to this, but if your husband is relatively healthy and can pass a drug test, there are plenty of good paying jobs in Casper, Gillette, Sheridan and other towns in Wyoming. Most people moving to Gillette looking for work find it within a couple days. I think Casper is about the same.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:48 AM

33 posts, read 90,901 times
I thought that I would give you guys something of an update. My husband was miserable there without his family. He hated being without me and our daughter. He came home. I would have liked him to stay and try to work it out but he didn't want to without us and we couldn't financily do it. The company I work for found out I was potenially moving and offered me an very, very nice incentive to stay with the company for two more years. We just don't have a store in Wyoming so we also agreed that that was a good reason to come back home. He does have an interview for a company in Anchorage (and I can work there and not loose my deal.) So with a little prayer I know we can make it.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:32 PM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times
Sounds like things will be OK then, good for you !

Old 11-08-2008, 01:56 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,105,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaagogo View Post
I thought that I would give you guys something of an update. My husband was miserable there without his family. He hated being without me and our daughter. He came home. I would have liked him to stay and try to work it out but he didn't want to without us and we couldn't financily do it. The company I work for found out I was potenially moving and offered me an very, very nice incentive to stay with the company for two more years. We just don't have a store in Wyoming so we also agreed that that was a good reason to come back home. He does have an interview for a company in Anchorage (and I can work there and not loose my deal.) So with a little prayer I know we can make it.
Wyoming will always hold my heart, but Alaska is in my heart now also...it is more like Wyoming used to be - wild, free...the landscapes are remarkable.
While I don't live in Anchorage, it isn't a bad place to be in from what I have seen...but not living there, I couldn't tell the bad from the good. If you have any questions, just let on..or come over to the Alaska forum...someone will have answers if I don't . Luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming