Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:18 AM

330 posts, read 1,095,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Lady View Post
Jackson barely got a dusting of snow Thursday night but the mountain range to the east got a nice covering. Several people were out enjoying their snowmobiles.

Last year Spring Creek Resort in Jackson sent us an email saying they got 338 feet of snow!! I wondered if it was a typo!
they probably meant 338" (inches).....could you even fathom 338 feet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 12:43 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,234 times
Quote:
Last year Spring Creek Resort in Jackson sent us an email saying they got 338 feet of snow!! I wondered if it was a typo!
LOL, of course we KNEW it was a typo! Saying I wondered was humor - ya know ha, ha. I must admit we had fun with the email sending it to several friends that were wanting to come here to enjoy the snow activities. It was early Spring and some were afraid the snow would be gone before they got here. Even 338 INCHES is nothing to turn your nose up to if you want the white stuff to play in.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:42 AM

330 posts, read 1,095,459 times
Quote:
LOL, of course we KNEW it was a typo! Saying I wondered was humor - ya know ha, ha. I must admit we had fun with the email sending it to several friends that were wanting to come here to enjoy the snow activities. It was early Spring and some were afraid the snow would be gone before they got here. Even 338 INCHES is nothing to turn your nose up to if you want the white stuff to play in.
And I complain getting a couple of feet of snow to shovel......back to the OP....I am kinda liking our lack of the white stuff right now....though it would be nice at Christmas-time. Too bad it couldn't just snow on the mountain (and stay off the streets/sidewalks).

Old 11-25-2008, 07:59 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekape View Post
...though it would be nice at Christmas-time. Too bad it couldn't just snow on the mountain (and stay off the streets/sidewalks).
Now that sounds like a real win/win solution - it would make me happy too!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:23 PM

18 posts, read 86,976 times
Jackson is supposed to get some snow this weekend. I'm excited to see it!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,859,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekape View Post
And I complain getting a couple of feet of snow to shovel......back to the OP....I am kinda liking our lack of the white stuff right now....though it would be nice at Christmas-time. Too bad it couldn't just snow on the mountain (and stay off the streets/sidewalks).
HERE, HERE , I love the snow, just not on the streets and sidewalks. It could snow 24/7 for a month and I wouldn't care as long as it stayed off the streets and sidewalks. Oh and stay off of flat roofs or buildings that have poorly built roofs too.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:47 PM

175 posts, read 439,122 times
I saw the forecasts for days 6-10 and days 8-14 that call for above normal precip and below normal temps. I think it's coming. These years in the west can suprise us.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:21 AM

9 posts, read 21,378 times
Yes yes very unpredictable. I just take this as a bad omen. Last year in Jackson the Mountain Resort broke their snow fall records and got over 600". And this year there isn't any snow yet. Im moving to Alaska

Old 11-30-2008, 10:37 AM

18 posts, read 86,976 times
Pinedale got a slight dusting last night. It was just enough for the dogs to make paw prints on the driveway. I was in Jackson yesterday and the runs look pitiful. Hope they get more snow soon!

Old 11-30-2008, 01:36 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Good View Post
Yes yes very unpredictable. I just take this as a bad omen. Last year in Jackson the Mountain Resort broke their snow fall records and got over 600". And this year there isn't any snow yet. Im moving to Alaska
Come on up We just received a foot...yes a foot of snow this weekend. On top of the eight or nine+ inches we've had since October. The snow doesn't leave here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming