Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2006, 11:36 PM

2 posts, read 8,134 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate from Central Oregon. Can anyone give me any information on Casper? Looks like a nice place, but so did Central Oregon.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2006, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 7,128 times
Arrow Also

Me, too

My girlfriend and I are looking to relocate from Spearfish next spring or perhaps earlier. She has experience in dry cleaning and handicapped care, me in handyman/remodeling work and computer support. We're both around forty, no resident kids, just three wonderful cats.

It looks like a wonderful area. Spearfish is great, but it's getting a bit too rich around here for our tastes; plus, both of us being Minnesotians, we miss large open bodies of water and we're both looking for more opportunity for things to do.

One question I have is how easy it is to be self-employed there. Another one is, are there *any* cat-friendly rentals in town? Grrr...

Cheers and TIA!
Snarkth

Old 06-26-2006, 01:21 PM

33 posts, read 213,650 times
Casper like most places is a good place to live if it fits your life style.

Casper right now is a growing city. Snarkth you might find renting harder with cats just because of the lack of rentals and the owners can be very picky. But they are out there. Cats are easier to get than dogs.

Handicapped care need a job NOWCAP will be right up your girlfriends way. Should be able to get a good job there.

Handyman/remodeling work will get you a job right away also here in Casper. Buildind and building like mad all around. Self-employed here in town is up to you. If you are a go getter and get out there do good work you will do great. But new in town it will take a bit of time just to get your name out.

But for the info you are looking for kmyck1. Low taxes (compared to what you are used to). Great place to live if you like outside things to do. Jobs are easy to come by. But they might not be as well paying as you are used to but dont let that fool you. The cost of living is less here also. Great hunting, great fishing, great hiking.

One thing though to remember about Casper Wyoming. People move here in the summer. New person to person that lived here for years "I am used to the wind it blows all the time where I am from" New person the next spring when leaving Casper "I have never felt wind like there is here!!!!"

It is windy in the winter. I tell people I would rather be in Alaska at -20 than Casper at 30 with the wind blowing 50 MPH.

Just found this forum and will try to keep looking back if you guys have any more questions.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:49 PM

49 posts, read 210,291 times
I would contact Ireach2Lifestyles, they care for adults with disabilities, pay well for the town, have benefits, and offer lots of great training. Casper is nice, if you like the outdoors there is a lot to do here, prices are much better than in Oregon and with 50,000 people, it's not too big, but you can shop and go out to do many things. Denver is 5 hours away, which is nice for visits. Casper is windy and gets cold then hot in July, we don't have a spring. There is not much diversity or culture here, and it is behind the rest of the country like the radio plays 70's rock, I still see acid wash denim sometimes, and there are not any juice bars. There are great coffee shops, but only one has internet to my knowledge. It is more blue collar, like many smaller towns. The culture might be different, my friends from Oregon that live here now tell me that, but they love renting a 2 bedroom for under $500 and being able to have free parking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: