Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 03:03 PM
PCN PCN started this thread

21 posts, read 51,079 times

Advertisements

Received a letter yesterday from Rocky Mountain Power/Idaho Power about a proposed power transmission line running from Glenrock station, down through WyTex and west to Idaho. Anyone else? Seems a number of local meetings are scheduled for December . Anyone local attending that might be willing to report back? I'm supposed to be contacted shortly to "discuss the project" as they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 05:05 PM

33 posts, read 123,093 times
I got my notice today. I am on man o war next to the big house. Where exactly do they want to run these lines? I have found nothing but bull on this project on the internet. Worried about eminant domain issues. What happens if we dont grant them access?

Old 12-19-2008, 08:31 AM

Little Pony - I'm coming up with a list of questions for Rocky Mountain Power along the lines you're thinking. My gut feeling is that project is going through no matter what. While you or I may decline access, someone close may approve it. The notification letters stated we have been identified as landowners within a 2 mile corrider. That's not very big. Other owners may not even be aware of this board. My gut feeling is that at some point in the future there will be power lines running through this area visible to all. I will be on the property next June to enjoy it as it is now before it's too late. You can reach me at pnichele@nbme.org if you'd like talk further. Take Care, Paul.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:08 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,182,360 times
With the huge planned construction ... already in progress ... of wind farms running through Eastern Wyoming and into Nebraska, they need a means of delivering the power to the marketplace.

At this time, the existing grid is at capacity with only a portion of the wind farms now in place.

Given the push to "green" energy sources, you may rest assured that the power plants will get the infrastructure that they need. Either by paid easements, or by eminent domain. Millions of Californian's need the clean power that we can generate here in the plains with our abundant wind energy out of sight from the folks that will use it.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:49 AM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times
If you are interested in getting in contact with other land owners you might be able to get names and addresses through the county courthouse.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:52 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
I saw a pipelines, electric lines, water pipelines, county roads and regular highways all go through private land for over 35 years in for or five states. I have seen them delayed, sometimes years. But sadly in the end, they got almost 100% of the origional route.
Oh, UNLESS someone has proved there is a desert snail, dryland minnow,wingless bird or some other critter that is on the endangered list. And found to be living in the area. Then that will stop it cold!!!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Hey I found a website that tells what route they plan to take. Try www.wy.blm.gov/nepa/cfodocs/gateway (broken link) This is a very rough picture but I have been able to match the map with one of the atlas that I had bought at the store. It looks like the power lines are going to run northeast to southwest across the lower part of wytex w2 section. It looks as if it will be going just to the south of the big house. It may even cross her land. Then it goes to a relay station and then straight to hanna.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:04 AM

sunspirit, this energy is not going to ca. it is going to Idaho and than Oregon. The terminator is putting solar pannels in the CA desert and propellors on the reservations to power the state.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 AM

I just got more info on the projects. Apparently the power companies have already been having a big push in wheatland. There is a really good article in the new york times about the power companies trying to push quick deals on the land owners and then putting in a clause that says that they are not alowed to let thier neigbors know about how much the deal was for. We have rights, read this article before you sign. The residents in wheatland formed a group so they wouldnt get ripped off. By the way, the article says that the going rate was about 5.00 per acre and going up. You cant stop so called progress but you can get paid for it.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 AM

$5 an acre is an insult!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming