Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:22 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,205,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3bairs View Post
Dmsimp,
I live here in Ohio. And if you and your husband want to go to Gillette, then go. I have family that lives in Upton, and New Castle Wyoming. Upton is only 50 miles to Gillette. I will take my mom there and we will go have Chinese food, and go to Walmart and to some other shops. There is a place called Value Villa. It is like a Goodwill. It is sooooo cool. I really like going there. And a couple buildings from it is a really nice family restaurant that my son likes called Granny's Kitchen? It's nothing fancy. He just likes it.
But the life out there is so unique compared to the way it is here in OH. You do have to get used to it. I don't know about the drug problem, or if there is any. But, like many people say on here, you will find drugs probably just about anywhere.
I did see on the news though that Wyoming along w/ a few other states out that way is one of the nicest places to be. Appearantly, Wyoming is considered a friendly state.
Okay, I'll let the cat out of the bag!!! HAHA! I'm sure most of you have either read online or heard on tv or radio news that Wyoming is #3 in the nation for the place where people are the happiest! There were lots of factors that went into the calculations. #1 was Utah, and although I have family who is Mormon and I'm not cutting them down at all I do have to agree that those Mormons sure are a happy bunch!!! Next was Hawaii, and who wouldn't be happy living in Hawaii IF YOU COULD AFFORD IT!!!! Wyoming is full of just simple, down-home, hard-working people who don't feel crowded by cities, stressed by traffic, taxed to death, or threatened by high crime. People here are very welcoming to outsiders. There is still plenty of room for everyone who wants to come here in my opinion. The antelope can scoot over a few acres & you all can join our happy throng!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 03:48 PM

34 posts, read 87,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIAINMT View Post
Okay, I'll let the cat out of the bag!!! HAHA! I'm sure most of you have either read online or heard on tv or radio news that Wyoming is #3 in the nation for the place where people are the happiest! There were lots of factors that went into the calculations. #1 was Utah, and although I have family who is Mormon and I'm not cutting them down at all I do have to agree that those Mormons sure are a happy bunch!!! Next was Hawaii, and who wouldn't be happy living in Hawaii IF YOU COULD AFFORD IT!!!! Wyoming is full of just simple, down-home, hard-working people who don't feel crowded by cities, stressed by traffic, taxed to death, or threatened by high crime. People here are very welcoming to outsiders. There is still plenty of room for everyone who wants to come here in my opinion. The antelope can scoot over a few acres & you all can join our happy throng!!!

Thats good to hear there is plenty of room up there. I Grew up in upstate NY, moved to CA for 7 years, then to AZ for 1.5 years and currently staying in CA looking to relocate to Wyoming once I get a job offer.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopes View Post
Thats good to hear there is plenty of room up there. I Grew up in upstate NY, moved to CA for 7 years, then to AZ for 1.5 years and currently staying in CA looking to relocate to Wyoming once I get a job offer.
Best of luck to you! Where are you wanting to live and what kind of job are you looking for?

Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIAINMT View Post
Best of luck to you! Where are you wanting to live and what kind of job are you looking for?

probably douglas, Looking for work in one of the coal mines as a heavy equipment mechanic.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:02 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,167,966 times
Be sure to check out Gillette for jobs too. There are a lot more mines closer to Gillette, plus a large Cat dealership/maintenance shop.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Be sure to check out Gillette for jobs too. There are a lot more mines closer to Gillette, plus a large Cat dealership/maintenance shop.

thanks, I will look into that as well. I have been using the wyomingatwork site and the wyoming mining association's site to find where mines are and apply to the companies from there.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:54 PM

Not all of the mines are advertising on the wyomingatwork site. There were a few mine ads in the Sunday Gillette News Record. I would pull up the paper's online site and check it out, especially on Thursdays and Sundays.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:59 PM

25 posts, read 69,705 times
the3bairs
thanks for the positive vote, lol. Its hard to stay positive about everything when we have some family so against us moving so far away. We have to do what is best for me my husband and daughter though ya know. It has really been great reading on here and what everyone has to say. For the most everyone is so positive and very very helpful. We r very excited about a new beginning but also still waiting to here about the job for my husband
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming