U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-06-2009, 11:04 PM

9 posts, read 49,050 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm knew to this forum and I have been considering moving to Wyoming for some time now. I have been through it once on my way to South Dakota. I stayed in a town called Chugwater (don't laugh I knew someone there so that's why we decided to stay there) and spent some time in Cheyenne. If I move there It would be in the Cheyenne area.

But enough about me. I just heard today that the state of Wyoming has a balanced budget. Is this true? If so how did they do it?

Thanks for the info, and I look forward to getting to know some of you here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 01:43 AM

355 posts, read 973,638 times
Yes, the budget in WY is balanced, and the state even has a $200 million cushion last I heard.

How do we do it? Cutting spending when times get tight, putting away reserves when times are fat, and maintaining a skeptical eye towards all requests for money from the government. Wyoming isn't alone in having a balanced budget - Nebraska, Texas, Arkansas, West Virginia all have balanced budgets too.

You'll notice that none of these are high on the list of states championed by "progressive" activists.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVDave View Post
Yes, the budget in WY is balanced, and the state even has a $200 million cushion last I heard.

How do we do it? Cutting spending when times get tight, putting away reserves when times are fat, and maintaining a skeptical eye towards all requests for money from the government. Wyoming isn't alone in having a balanced budget - Nebraska, Texas, Arkansas, West Virginia all have balanced budgets too.

You'll notice that none of these are high on the list of states championed by "progressive" activists.
WOW! I'm amazed. I live in the land of the "Terminator" and the state budget is worse now then it was when he took over for "Grey out Davis"

I didn't vote for the guy, so I am not in any way fealing connected to whats going on.

I knew there was something else I liked about Wyoming. It's good to hear that there are people taking care of things on the state level.

One other thing I would like to know. What are the percentages when it come to political parties? I assume the Republicans hold a commanding lead. Have you heard of the Constitution Party?

Thanks again

Old 03-07-2009, 11:39 AM

783 posts, read 802,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eavd View Post
One other thing I would like to know. What are the percentages when it come to political parties? I assume the Republicans
hold a commanding lead.
House Members: 41 Republicans, 19 Democrats
Senate Members: 23 Republicans, 7 Democrats
But be careful to not be fooled by the “party” one identifies with, we have several whom say they are Republican but their voting record identifies them as a Democrat. Too bad more folks don’t look at the candidates record when we go to the polls to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eavd View Post
Have you heard of the Constitution Party?
Yes, I’m familiar with the Constitution Party and would identify myself with them. I believe that many here would - although the numbers are dwindling due to migration.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:57 PM

17,899 posts, read 22,600,907 times
Up here, we look at a candidate on whether he/she can do the job. Don't much care what party they belong to. As previously mentioned we have a lot of office holders that say they are one party, but vote both ways. That's not a bad thing. Kind of balances out the extremes.

I think one of the things I've always liked about Wyoming is the candidates that run for office aren't career Polititions. For instance, a Kennedy is born and he's groomed from day one to be in office. Here, chances are that man or woman spent 30 years on a ranch before every looking at an office and then he/she looked at running cause he/she was pissed at the way things were going and wanted to do something about it.

Most all of our polititions have lived the life, not just sat in office their whole life and watched from the window.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
House Members: 41 Republicans, 19 Democrats
Senate Members: 23 Republicans, 7 Democrats
But be careful to not be fooled by the “party” one identifies with, we have several whom say they are Republican but their voting record identifies them as a Democrat. Too bad more folks don’t look at the candidates record when we go to the polls to vote.

Yes, I’m familiar with the Constitution Party and would identify myself with them. I believe that many here would - although the numbers are dwindling due to migration.
Thanks for the info. I agree an your assement of candidates. There are alot of R.I.N.O.'s here in CA and you do have to look at the record not the "R" or the "D" in front of the name.

I switched to the Constitution Party this last election cycle because I saw more of a consistent record. If you would like to connect with and talk to others who are apart of the C.P. I recomend going to www.believeinamerica.com and check out that forum. Lots of great info and there is a Wyoming thread just like in this forum.

In regards to moving, what area in Cheyenne is best and what area should I avoid?

Old 03-07-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Up here, we look at a candidate on whether he/she can do the job. Don't much care what party they belong to. As previously mentioned we have a lot of office holders that say they are one party, but vote both ways. That's not a bad thing. Kind of balances out the extremes.

I think one of the things I've always liked about Wyoming is the candidates that run for office aren't career Polititions. For instance, a Kennedy is born and he's groomed from day one to be in office. Here, chances are that man or woman spent 30 years on a ranch before every looking at an office and then he/she looked at running cause he/she was pissed at the way things were going and wanted to do something about it.

Most all of our polititions have lived the life, not just sat in office their whole life and watched from the window.
Thanks, thats great to hear

Old 03-07-2009, 08:43 PM

783 posts, read 802,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Yah…Landon & Burns are keepers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming