U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-27-2009, 11:36 AM

3 posts, read 9,626 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are moving to Casper in about a month. We're going to head out there in 2-3 weeks to visit the city beforehand and look at apartments.

Any recommendations for apartments? His new boss said to stay away from anything on the north side of town, but that's all the info he gave us.

We've checked the Star-Tribune's web site and Craigslist and searched all the regular "apartment finders" online, but we haven't really found the detail we're looking for. We don't really want to deal with an agency to help us find a place. And I've searched the forum (44 pages back!) but couldn't really find any specifics.

We're looking for a 2BR apartment, or even a small-ish rental home ... or just something more than the 750sq feet we live in now ... in a nice area. The reviews on Google Maps seemed to say that Aspen Court was the best option.

Would you say this is accurate? What about other apartments? Any info to supplement what I've already found online on the best/worst apartments in Casper would be awesome.

Other things: we currently live in the downtown area of a small-ish city and love that we can walk to the local ma-and-pop shops, restaurants and bars. Anything like that in Casper, an apartment complex that's close enough, kind of "in the middle" of everything?

Also (last thing!), what are the bars like? We're not into a typical "nightlife" scene - we enjoy a quiet, hardwood pub with maybe some bar food, perhaps a pool table and a good beer selection.

Thanks in advance for any info on apartments or the nightlife!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 01:46 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,672,131 times
there were several houses and apartments listed through craigslist for the Casper area.. you might want to try there. Good luck on your move! I can't really respond to what area is better than another though.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:22 PM

3 posts, read 9,626 times
Thanks! But we're looking for even more detail - what the landlords are like, the area that it's in, what the apartments are near, things like that.

I appreciate the reply though

Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 AM

2 posts, read 10,381 times
Talking Housing in Casper

We rent through Alerin Property Management.
531 N Lowell St
Casper, WY 82601
(307) 265-1445‎

I wouldn't say they're awesome landlords but they're the cheapest property managment company in town, for sure. And you can call for a list of rental properties available. They also show their properties like open houses so you can stop by - no pressure, those times will be listed on their voicemail message.
We went with these guys because we really needed a house. If you would be happy with an apartment Aspen Court is very nice. I think they require a longer lease, but again, if that's good with you - then why not?
As far as areas of town? Casper is typically Wyoming-like in that there are lots of pockets of very nice neighborhoods and lots of pockets of more run down neighborhoods. I think, in general, crime is a little higher downtown and in Evansville.
Best of luck with your casper move. FYI: I blog about Casper and WY at casperwy.blogspot.com.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:59 PM

22 posts, read 43,845 times
I would caution against renting from Alerin. They are slumlords who did nothing to fix up the house I was living in and then kicked my roommate out when she couldn't come down to the office to sign a lease because she was working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming