Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:53 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
If it's for a swimming pool. Most close in winter in wyoming. I do think there is a indoor public one in Riverton, though..But if you don't need a job or too much of one. I'd look into Thermopolis. There are two mineral hot springs pools that are open year round. Also there is a free mineral bath type thing. It is one of the conditions that chief Washaki gave the area to the whites. That they didn't charge for the natural pools. I do miss lounging in one of the outside baths and have the snow falling on my head and face in winter.
When I lived there in 1999. You could buy a yearly family membership to one for $128.00.
Just before I left wyo. there was talk of reopening a mineral hot spring somewhere on the Rezervation. I don't know if it was done.
Sorry, no indoor hot springs, no pool. All we got is good folks cheering you on to jump in the crick. No, it's not a creek, it's a crick. I have diabetis, I shoot myself up twice daily, but I still swim in the crick so I can still be with my friends and people that love me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 02:58 PM

176 posts, read 929,639 times
Hey- it's good to see that Wyoming folk call it a "crick", too! I guess I'd fit right in, yeehaw!

Old 05-16-2007, 06:11 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,605,466 times
I like Wyoming alot ...it is wide open and beautiful ....not crowded ....no rush rush ...I especially like Dubois.... I visted there twice ...in 1977 and again 1992 ....and it didn't change much ....I bet it's still almost the same today ....you can't beat the Wind River Range or the Teton Range for scenery ....not to mention Granite Pass thru the Big Horn Mtns...

Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 PM

49 posts, read 91,105 times
Thumbs up Cody, WY

We ordered a relocation package from Cody and let me say, the package was everything thing that anyone would want. I know that there are alot of great places in WY to live and that everyone thinks that their place is the best, but let me say if you are thinkiing of moving to Cody, send for one of their packages and it will SELL you on living there. What a great place. Looking into it now, not far from Yellowstone and WOW what a friendly place. Does anyone out there have any response?

Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 PM

43 posts, read 312,928 times
I would like to move there because of the western attitude. No not the cowboy up type attitude although that suits me to a T.

In Wyoming folks are long on minding their own business, unless your in trouble then you'll probably have more help than you know what to do with. It's the quiet pride people have from just making it there and the self confidence that brings. It's the open arms they welcome everybody with, not like other supposedly western states which by judgeing from another forum the favorite past time is sitting around whining about all the invaders ruining their state. It's a state where if you can make it you've earned the right to stay, if not you move on, no hard feelings. This is the western attitude I was raised with but sadly only a few states seem to have any left.

I could go on but it will just get me depressed because I'm not thereyet

Old 05-20-2007, 11:02 PM

44 posts, read 133,244 times
kreek ,river, or pool Just let me swim one more time in Woming and i will pass over with a smile

Old 05-31-2007, 07:57 AM

20 posts, read 75,961 times
In Lander on Mon. wed. and Fr. AM and PM for $1.50 each day you can swim indoors and out at FT.Washakie there is hot mineral pools, do not know the cost or the hours out there.

I am leaving Wyoming because the wind, snow and cold has not been good for my arthritis situation with both kinds of arthritis and allergies to all arthritis medications.

But for the most part it is close to Yellowstone and Jackson. Stopped in Duboise a week ago and there are some great eating places and neat stores and very friendly people.
Also the Lander Museum of the American West is having a first annual Flea Market fundraiser on July 6th and 7th from 8AM to 5PM both days, there will be Indian Tacos and vendors are still needed. the person to contact is Kathy Sawick at tsawick@rmisp.com or 307-332-6535

All proceeds go toward the new building to house the museum and it is almost finished. There wedding scheduled at the old church relocated from Hudson and there is a pavillion for family events and many education opportunities.

Pegib, Lander

Old 06-26-2007, 03:38 PM

61 posts, read 215,929 times
Default taxes?

You also need to consider that Wyoming has no state income tax.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:08 PM

42 posts, read 181,858 times
I lived in Wyoming for 32 years! Have no regrets, except it can be a lonely place for a single Mom. My kids are long since grown, and I'm retired from my place of employment of 27 years.

I'm retired now to Texas and closer to my grandchildren.

Wyoming was always good to me. I miss her in some ways, but sure don't miss the cold and the snow shoveling.

Texas treats me just fine. :x

Old 07-01-2007, 11:38 AM

44 posts, read 133,244 times
I have found my dream home in Thermopolis and have a contract so it will only be a few weeks and I will be home to stay been looking for a place almost a year But now there are some nice places on the market (Silver Spur) has some very nice places no I did not buy from them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming