Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 01:20 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if any events are scheduled today in honor of the 9/12 coalition project, protesting big government spending and corruption?

Minnesota, being very liberal in leanings, doesn't have anything planned today, though Obama is here talking about his health care reform plan.

Noticed that some of the media outlets are saying the protesters are "fiscally conservatives" --but from another program (not naming names but many can probably guess) it's not just Republicans, but Democrats and Independents too that are fed up with the out of control spending going on.

Knowing there are not just Republicans in Wyoming.. what are the Democrats and Independents thinking about the direction the government is taking? Would like to know if Wyomingites, regardless of party, are worried about the way our country is headed and do you think tea parties and rallies will make a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 03:07 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,498 times
There are a handful of Tea parties in other parts of the state going on today.
There is not one in the Sheridan/Buffalo area however.

I am one of the co-organizers in this area, and April my friend who started up on organizing the Tea parties here in Sheridan is at a conference and visiting some family out of state.

One issue we had was getting enough people to step up and volunteer their time to get theses events. We have a good turn out, lots of folks show up every time. But we end up doing a lot of the leg work, and there are some volunteers that have helped us tremendously, but we need to grow in numbers, because the load of work in planning is not evenly divided at this point in our area at least.

Another thing is, our sole intent in starting the Tea Parties here in Sheridan, was to be Bi-partisan and basically speak out against corruption across the board, we do not allow promotion of any political party at our Tea Party events and many people have chosen to do across the country. We have wanted to educate the public about the Constitution, State's Rights, and that the government works for us the people and not us for them.

However some Republican organizations have tried to take over and make it a purely Republican event.
Our first Tea party we had Republicans, Democrats, Independent's, Constitution Party, and Libertarians all there in unison to support reform and restoration of a Republic what our country truly is!
People are tired of being lied to and not listened to and watching the corruption and lies go on.

So anyways to cut to the chase and my point. We didn't want our tea party events in our community to be a "Rah Rah Gop event" We want liberty oriented like minded folks to join together and fight for our Constitution and leadership that is accountable to the people of our county, our state and our country. So we decided to sit this one out, because a well meaning organization the 9/12 organization has had a pretty big influence on the Tea Parties today. I have friends in the movement, however I disagree with "divison". The reason we can't fight to get our Constitutional rights back, is because we are two busy fighting over party lines, we need to find some common ground and work in numbers. The powers at be depend on small splinter groups that get distracted and eventually fissile out in time and that is all things will become if there is no unity.

So we support and will start events that promote Americans fighting for the Constitution, not a particular party. It was a GOP organization the 9/12ers that first gave launch to these 9-12 Tea parties.

I myself am very conservative and agree with some key points their organization has, but I do not agree with the division and party line bickering. Because there is corruption on both sides and that is what really needs to be addressed.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:34 PM

I appreciate your post Kristyn. The 9-12 project I was referring to is the Glenn Beck 9/12 project call to Americans--regardless of political affiliation-- to stand up against corruption in whichever party.. (and GB is an independent, not a Republican)... I don't think the GOP had anything to do with the rallies's today, though some members of the GOP did speak at rallies.

You mentioned needing to grow in numbers...with Wyoming being a minimally populated state, what percent do you think are supportive and what ways can you get numbers to grow? I saw Wy senator John Barrasso on the tv opposing the health care stuff...but is he showing up at town hall meetings in WY or such? Our congressman in our district seems to be hiding as they quietly announce any "health care reform" meetings that are open to the public on the 10th page of the newspaper in a small box, and not on his website...as if he doesn't want anyone to show up. This has happened 3 times, but each time we didn't hear about it until after the fact where there was "very little turn out".

I agree that we do need to weed out the corruption on both sides. I can see where it would be frustrating to get a party going when you do all the work and not get a lot of help in the planning.

Is the Constitution Party solely a Wyoming group of independents or is it national? I'd like to hear more about it as I don't think there is anything like that here, yet. While I'm fairly conservative on some issues--abortion, gun control, no big gov't interference-- I am more moderate in others. I'm still looking at Wyoming as a future home once again, because I want to live in a place that doesn't put it's hand out before it's willing to lend a shoulder and get it's hands dirty. As Audrey Hepburn is quoted saying "Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm ...."

even JFK said: "Ask not what your country can do for you, but rather what you can do for your country."

I think he meant how we can be Patriotic and stand up for the Constitution and what our founding fathers fought for and not look for a government hand out every turn of the way.

sorry, am rambling.. I'm sure my high school American Government teacher would be shocked at how much I've started to pay attention to politics now, but I worry about the future debt my child, and future grandchildren may have to pay if this corruption keeps getting out of hand with no balance system to check it.

I'm going to be looking again for jobs out that way this winter, and hope Wyoming stays the same.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:04 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,498 times
Quote:
Is the Constitution Party solely a Wyoming group of independents or is it national?
Yes the Constitution party is a national party. I actually became a member of the party when I lived in Oregon. When I moved over to Wyoming in 2007, I got in touch with the Western Chairman and volunteered to do what I could to help further the Party in the State of Wyoming. I am currently a Sheridan Contact for the Constitution Party. I have been gathering signatures as well as many folks in almost every single county in the state are doing right now.
We have actually done exceptionally well so far with gathering signatures. As far as gathering signatures via volunteers rather than professional signature gathers, we have had some of the most successful volunteers in the country as far as the amount of signatures. A lot of state to get ballot access have also had to hire professionals, and so far we have gathered almost 2,000 signatures by all of our contacts/volunteers in the state. We need about 4,000 signatures to get ballot access, however we aim to get at least 7,000 in case signatures are disqualified by the secretary of state.

Nationally speaking we are only 3 or 4 states away from having a presence in every single state in the country.

The party was actually formed back in the early 90's and has exploded to the biggest third party in the country at the present moment.

Feel free to dm me if you would like more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
I appreciate your post Kristyn. The 9-12 project I was referring to is the Glenn Beck 9/12 project call to Americans--regardless of political affiliation-- to stand up against corruption in whichever party.. (and GB is an independent, not a Republican)... I don't think the GOP had anything to do with the rallies's today, though some members of the GOP did speak at rallies.
I am aware of the 9/12 project, that is what I was referring to actually. I have met a lot of the leaders and organizers of the 9-12 project in the Casper area. Several months ago before the July 4 Tea parties, I attended the state Tea party organizers meeting in Casper, on behalf of Sheridan county. A couple other organizations were invited to the meeting as well as the 9-12 coalition. I was there to speak about what we were doing in Sheridan. However I was told I had to leave my political affiliation out of the meeting. So I respected that, I was however allowed to host a table in the background with pamphlets and gather signatures for my petition to get ballot access.

Well the 9-12ers were given the chance to speak and discuss what events they were planning and how they were trying to further liberty and taking back the Constitution in their areas.
I kid you not, all of them but one lady, said to all of us, if we don't join the GOP we are basically wasting our efforts!!! I was appalled and very disgusted at that point I even came. I respected the rules and did not get up there and promote my party. But the 9-12ers were up there promoting the GOP.

If I could have had a turn to speak and ask them a question. I would have asked them, where were you when your own party was engaging in corruption!? Where's the equal accountability and transparency. Corruption is on both sides, and they were totally missing the point.

If they would have come up to Sheridan and that Tea parties my friend and I organized up here and said that, they would have made a lot of folks mad. Because we had all political affiliations there united together trying to fight for our Constitution and trying to let our elected officials know we want their feet to be held to the fire. They took oaths when they were elected and they need to work for us and respect those oaths.

So that is why I was very turned off by the movement... Here in Wyoming that is.

Maybe it is bipartisan in other states? But I witnessed first hand behind the scenes the real agenda and it was very disturbing and divisive in my opinion.

There was however a very genuine lady who was an activist apart of the 9-12 coalition, who was very nice to me and we encouraged one another at the meeting. But Myself on behalf of the Constitution party as well as any other party that was there besides GOP were basically told no matter what we do, we aren't effective cause we aren't Republicans.

There is a reason the GOP is split right now, they are losing membership like crazy, because people are sick of being lied to. If you call yourself a conservative and run for office people expect that in return.

Here's something else to consider. Last year Glenn Beck saying Ron Paul and all of his supporters were basically a bunch of terrorists. What is so ironic, is many of the Ron Paul supporters attend the Tea Party rallies, and the 9-12ers are joining in with Ron Paul supporters? Yet their so called founder Glenn Beck would have lumped them in as a bunch of terrorists for raising money for Constitution candidates and protesting the corruption of the government, if they would have done this last year? But this year it is ok...
Yet now because have a D behind the person in the white house it is ok to protest and no longer a terrorist act to speak out or raise money???

That is what I mean there is no equal transparency. To me, I don't care if an elected official is black, white, Dem, Rep, Lib, Independent, Constitution Party, whatever they are, they better follow the country's Constitution. Why? because they took and oath to serve the people of their district, whether it be the county, state, or federal government. They have an oath to uphold, and when they are blatantly ignoring
the people and their oaths, we as citizens of this country with the Constitution have the right to let them know or vote them out of office.

Lol, didn't mean to ramble on and on. I just wanted to share my insight from the involvement and people I have met all around the state.

I am very Leary of wolves in sheeps clothing, and to me Glenn Beck is just that.

Here is a link to the broadcast where he implies Ron Paul Followers are a bunch of terrorists... He did it on a handful of other occasions, so this is only one of many examples. But he went out of his way to make Ron Paul supporters look like hooligans. I wonder if he secretly thinks people that have joined his movement are hooligans, since they are doing similar in comparison to the Ron Paul supporters???? Also why is he given the time of day by the media, the media usually blackballs people fighting to get our country back to a Constitutional Republic. Something to consider.
Thanks again for your reply and let me know if you have any questions about the Constitution Party.

YouTube - Glenn Beck implies Ron Paul supporters are terrorists

Old 09-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
Yes the Constitution party is a national party.

Nationally speaking we are only 3 or 4 states away from having a presence in every single state in the country.

The party was actually formed back in the early 90's and has exploded to the biggest third party in the country at the present moment.

Feel free to dm me if you would like more information.
It's not really big here in our state of Minnesota, to my understanding..at least it doesn't make the news much. Having recently attended a major university here in MN, I know during the last election there were rally's for "Support Obama" "Vote for Franken" all over campus, but no voice heard from any other side. I nominally belonged to the campus Republicans, but I think there were about 15 of us altogether, sadly, and rarely were there any meetings... The extreme liberal agenda was pushed all over my campus, from faculty down to students. I'd be interested in hearing more about the Constitution Party.

Quote:
I kid you not, all of them but one lady, said to all of us, if we don't join the GOP we are basically wasting our efforts!!! I was appalled and very disgusted at that point I even came. I respected the rules and did not get up there and promote my party. But the 9-12ers were up there promoting the GOP.

If I could have had a turn to speak and ask them a question. I would have asked them, where were you when your own party was engaging in corruption!? Where's the equal accountability and transparency. Corruption is on both sides, and they were totally missing the point
.Maybe it is bipartisan in other states? But I witnessed first hand behind the scenes the real agenda and it was very disturbing and divisive in my opinion.
That's just it.. no party is perfect and there is corruption on both sides. That's why my husband and I liked Palin as she weeded out corruption in her own party first in AK and was willing to do that in Washington if given the chance. We need people who aren't afraid of sticking up for their values and beliefs, as our founding fathers were. As for bipartisan.. I'm in a conservative part of MN, where our local schools still allow Chrisitan songs to be sung/played at choir and band concerts...but the majority of the state is fairly liberal as we have a lot of social programs here where a lot of people get hand outs. We're still trying to figure out how Norm Colman won the senate race then Franken cried foul and had a bunch of votes magically appear.... (even ballots that people wrote in Frankenstein were accepted, is what was said). So clearly there is a division here too.

Quote:
Last year Glenn Beck saying Ron Paul and all of his supporters were basically a bunch of terrorists. What is so ironic, is many of the Ron Paul supporters attend the Tea Party rallies, and the 9-12ers are joining in with Ron Paul supporters? Yet their so called founder Glenn Beck would have lumped them in as a bunch of terrorists for raising money for Constitution candidates and protesting the corruption of the government, if they would have done this last year? But this year it is ok. I am very Leary of wolves in sheeps clothing, and to me Glenn Beck is just that.
I'm not sure that Glenn really was saying that all of Ron Paul supporters are terrorists as he states in the video
"The vast majority of Ron Paul's supporters take this little metaphor as it was intended, as a rallying cry to create a dramatic political shift." and how he personally wouldn't use a historical terrorist (aka violent act of blowing up parliament) for an example...which I don't disagree with, necessarily. But Glenn is a bit of a hyper guy in any realm, and while I agree with him on the point that we need to get back to the constitutional roots and to weed out corruption all over Washington, regardless of political party, I tend to put GB in the same category as Hannity..a bit over the top, but ok to take with a grain of salt. Personally I prefer O'Reilly, but maybe that's just because he doesn't do a lot of theatrics, and just gets down to the nitty gritty.

One of my students last semester did a speech on the need for a three party system, but sadly it didn't go over well... unfortunately today's youth are still being indoctrinated (at least in our area) about how bad the conservatives are within the public school system. I don't remember my high school teachers being as biased, and maybe it's different in other states, but things and times are changing, and not for the better.

In the Wyoming schools, from those who've attended or had kids in recently, is there a liberal bias or is it more neutral?

Old 09-17-2009, 05:59 AM

632 posts, read 1,516,800 times
Default Great story, Kristynwy!!

I am an independent living in WY and get pressured from both sides to take a side in every issue. I too care about what government is and isn't doing in our best interest - it doesn't matter your party, race, background, etc.

Have to share a cute story....I work with plenty of people who don't like Obama because he is black, don't believe he is a legitimate president (not born in this country), etc. They often say very hateful things and tell jokes illuding to his race. Finally the other day, I told them ....

"Don't hate Obama because he is black. He is a politician in our government....wait a few months and he will do something concretely stupid and then you can hate him for what he DOES, not because of his race."

Old 09-20-2009, 05:58 AM

207 posts, read 714,374 times
Its sad to see that the 912 movement is turning into a GOP 'get out the vote' movement. The problem is that most people see the push towards socialism by our gov. and don't realize the people behind the curtain who control our politicians and Obama. He's just a puppet for the globalists. Read 'The Shadows of Power' by James Perloff. Research the history of the CFR and the Federal Reserve to start with and then you will have a good reason to get involved. You can't just blame 'the liberals' and say vote them out of office next time. That's not enough. Do a search for campaign for liberty (won't let me type in the link) and sign up for their newsletter and list your county and see if there's anyone else in your county. There's only 3 in mine (Campbell). I live in Wright, just south of Gillette. I would like to help in anyway but I believe one should learn the root cause of our problems and not just blame only the people that we can see like Obama and Pelosi. They are just puppets of the people who are pushing for a NWO. The first step is to educate yourself and others of the scope of the problem. Just waking people up is 1/2 the battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming