Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:47 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,829,412 times

Advertisements

My wife grew up just north of nashville and moved here in 1990. We got together and she at first was scared of the winter and how it set in. I used to have to drive here if it snowed. The second thing was of course the wind. The third thing was or still is. This lady grew up on a tabacco farm and the school shoes came off after school and didn't go on until the next morning so she has a hard time keeping shoes on her feet! I have even seen her go outside to smoke (I don't and she does this for me) and she will stand there in a couple of inches of snow, yes smoking. She will walk across the most rocky,stickery ground and only stop to pick out the "big ones". Me, I don't even walk around the house without shoes, much less outside.
Now she has a bigger truck than mine and of course her's also is a 4x4 and she can drive the weather at it's worst. The wind, well that's about all you can say, it's still here and she's pretty much used to it.
I have seen her come in the house from hanging clothes to dry in the winter and her hair will be sticking out sideways and FROZEN! She kinda looks like Methusala or something.
I have had people I know come and go because of the states weather, but if you can get along with it, it will be the greatest place to live and raise a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming