Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:11 PM

25 posts, read 69,866 times

Advertisements

Congrats to the both of you as well. We r still going through the end of the process yet. We also have been trying to sell our house her in Ohio. You r coming froom Michigan, is all of ur family there? How r u with moving or how r they with the move? How old r ur kids? Well good luck with everything and maybe we will keep in touch when we get out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 12:51 AM

8 posts, read 29,816 times
hey there! Sorry took soooo long to get back to you, super busy packing house and gettin ready for the BIG, SCARY move next week!!LOL half my family lives in MI and other half in Ohio! We start the Academy on Dec 13th and unfortunantely ALL our children will be staying here with my parents and other family (5 kids, ages 2, almost 4, 11, 11, and 13 ) WAY tough decision but we recently found out that you ONLY get paid on the last day of each month, crazy hey, I know!! Therefor we may not get paid till end of January due to our start date. No way we could afford day care let alone anything else! Toughest Christmas I am ever gonna have To save as much money as we can to get our children out there quick, we r just gonna stay right at the Academy! Yuk, but gotta do what you gotta do, will be worth it when its all over! So have you heard anything yet? I hope nothing but good news for you, keep me informed and I will try to help you out with anything I can (couple great people on here keeping me informed as to what is going on as they are in Academy right now!LOL) Take care and hope to chat again soon. Heather

Old 11-29-2016, 09:22 PM

11 posts, read 12,687 times
Post Fish

The most important thing I would like to ask is "How's the fishing around Torrington?" What might I expect to catch besides a "cold"? LOL

Old 11-30-2016, 04:00 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,781,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen Frequently View Post
The most important thing I would like to ask is "How's the fishing around Torrington?" What might I expect to catch besides a "cold"? LOL
There is good fishing in all directions, in my experience. Trout and walleye are what I go for, but there is more.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:37 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Lake McConaughy, NE is about 150 miles east of Torrington, if you want something special. It's a huge reservoir, clear water, sandy beaches, even an island or two. I haven't fished it a lot, but it's one of my favorite lakes -- just too far away from NE Wyoming. Oh yeah, and because it's best to have a boat there, and I no longer own one. I don't know if they're still there, but they used to have some gigantic stripped bass in that lake, down near the dam. That's what originally got me interested McConaughy, but I never caught one. I have pulled a lot of nice walleyes out of there, however.

Guernsey State Park would be your go-to lake, if you're boating. It's only 35-40 miles west of Torrington and is also a large reservoir. My next-door neighbor used to go there nearly every weekend in the summer, and that's pushing 140 miles or so from Gillette. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never fished the lake, never been on it -- always one of those "gonna do it next summer" things that I never got around to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming