Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 03:43 PM

992 posts, read 2,373,229 times

Advertisements

by a Californian. Go figure. Got the bird and a honk...because I wasn't going fast enough. It was a school zone.

Oh well...it had to happen sometime...funny that it was a Californian flipping me off.

Don't care-I still love it here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 03:47 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,763,177 times
The nerve! They should go back to speedzone California. People are in such a rush to get nowhere.

I love it here (Fairbanks) several reasons. One reason is that people are more patient and polite: If you are sitting at a green light and don't realize it immediately, DO NOT expect to hear some laying on their horn.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:57 PM

768 posts, read 942,752 times
I completely misinterpreted this thread.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:16 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,420,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
I love it here (Fairbanks) several reasons. One reason is that people are more patient and polite: If you are sitting at a green light and don't realize it immediately, DO NOT expect to hear some laying on their horn.
Wow, not like that at ALL in Anchorage or Juneau. Everyone's speeding all over the place (typically 10+ over the limit), honking horns, tailgating and cutting back in Really tight after a pass. About the only place people drove sanely in Juneau was right downtown next to the docks where brain-dead tourists would pop into the street at any second.

Not that Denver, CO is any better (much worse actually). But normally it's just tourists and teens driving badly in WY.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:48 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times
Be glad you don't live in South Bend. The average speed here is 10 UNDER the limit, and many drivers go even slower. It's not uncommon to run into someone going 30 in a 55.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 PM

203 posts, read 712,974 times
CMO3- Chances are that loser Californian was from Northern CA not SoCal, because no one in SoCal, in my personal experience, flips people off while driving because you can get shot while driving. When driving in SoCal you assume everyone has a gun in their car until proven otherwise and that it is not for hunting.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:18 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Having spent almost my entire life (so far) in southern California, it's funny to see how other people talk about it. I'm not saying anything positive or negative about the comments; it's just interesting.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:02 AM

88 posts, read 301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septocaine_queen View Post
CMO3- Chances are that loser Californian was from Northern CA not SoCal, because no one in SoCal, in my personal experience, flips people off while driving because you can get shot while driving. When driving in SoCal you assume everyone has a gun in their car until proven otherwise and that it is not for hunting.

You know I have to agree with this post 100%....you just never know....plus the other person wouldnt see it anyway, they are too busy looking at their phones while texting....not worth the effort.

Gib

Old 10-24-2009, 07:27 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,243,340 times
Just because someone has calif plates doesn't make them californian.
I'd bet $1000 that person came from some other state and used calif as a way station. IME, native californians rarely leave this state.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:29 AM

89 posts, read 253,140 times
Hey septocaine_queen, it's a safe bet that a lot of folks in Wyoming have guns in their vehicles too, we just don't tend to point them and shoot at each other. Unless of course you're a rude, obnoxious out-of-stater who insults us, our lifestyle, and laid back approach to life in general .

That was a joke people, relax. Although the gun-in-many vehicles wasn't really a joke. The rude people I have encountered have either: been wearing out of state plates (generally from West Coast OR Northeastern States), or have a bumper/window sticker indicating they went to a College in one of those areas. Yes, there are rude people no matter where you go, or where you are from, but the ones "I" have encountered have tended to be attached to those cultures more than anywhere else.

I travel a lot, so I am exposed to more of that kind of stuff than most folks around here. And I have travelled over a good portion of the United States as well. Just let it go, they'll either figure it out and embrace our way of life, or go back where they came from. Either way, it's a win-win for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: