Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 PM

157 posts, read 328,472 times

Advertisements

That's a good point. Dont invite them. Just stop enforcing federal regulations. And dont comply with federal mandates, just run your state they way you see fit.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:28 PM

375 posts, read 1,378,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
The last thing you want to do is tell the federal gov to come into the state and enforce things on their own. Because they will. If you think they won't, think again. The federal gov will do everything in their power to keep a state from stepping away. If they allow one, they're done and they know it. They will spend whatever is needed to make sure it doesn't happen.

I agree with everything else that is said, just not the part about inviting them to come in and enforce Federal Laws and Regulations.
Believe me they will do it! And, make everyone a criminal in the process. This we don't want. Wyoming like Alaska receives more compensation than it pays to the Feds - so why would we want to change things?

Old 11-25-2009, 01:07 PM

157 posts, read 328,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaduchman View Post
Believe me they will do it! And, make everyone a criminal in the process. This we don't want. Wyoming like Alaska receives more compensation than it pays to the Feds - so why would we want to change things?

Wyoming better learn to live on what they have and not on federal funds because the money will stop flowing in the near future. In order for Wyoming to receive more than it contributes, other states have to give more than they receive. With the economic conditons worsening and a deteriorating monetary system, how much longer are those states going to continue give more than they receieve? Conditioins are worsening for those states also and they are going to want to keep their money before they go by the way of California. But in order for Wyoming to live on only what it has then it will have to shed the burdens of federal mandates and regulations.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:15 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,230,451 times
Wyoming can give another state the welfare deadbeats that help cause fed funds to come here if getting money from the fed is such a good thing.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 PM

208 posts, read 907,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaduchman View Post
Wyoming receives more "compensation" from the feds than THE PEOPLE PAY IN INCOME TAXES. There are a lot of other monies sucked up by the feds besides income taxes.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:54 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,230,451 times
There is more to life than money and taxes.
I dont want to be a slave or serf; which is what we all are. As long as the govt takes our money without our consent(which is what it does under threat of prison) and spends it on things we are morally opposed to, we are slaves.
Most people dont know they are slaves.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:58 PM

89 posts, read 252,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
There is more to life than money and taxes.
I dont want to be a slave or serf; which is what we all are. As long as the govt takes our money without our consent(which is what it does under threat of prison) and spends it on things we are morally opposed to, we are slaves.
Most people dont know they are slaves.

You hit the nail on the head Benny. See an earlier post of mine in this thread. We have been slowly spoon fed the poison of Federal money that was taken/stolen from someone else for far too long. Just like the economic burdens we are all facing now, both our Federal and Wyoming Govt.'s need to LEARN TO LIVE within their budget. Cut up the credit cards, and stay within a budget that you can pay for NOW.

If you can't pay for it now, and it's not absolutely, positively an Emergency essential, then DON'T BUY IT. This goes for home as well as Govt budgets. There are lots of nice things I would LIKE to have, but don't really NEED, and can't pay for. So, I learn to accept that, and live without it.

Life isn't fair, we are NOT all going to skip through life with an even economic status, so GET OVER YOURSELF. Cowboy-up to reality, or you will remain an economic slave. We all have debt, some more than others. I don't think it's realistic to think that all, or even most, of us can live (or survive) without SOME debt. I admit that. But the situation we find ourselves in today, as a Nation, is pathetic. And an out-of-control Fed that prints money like there's no tomorrow is giving us just that, NO TOMORROW.

Wyoming, like other States where it's not too late already, had better WAKE UP and cut off the blood sucking leech(s) that is draining what life we have left, before we too wake up one day and are so weak that we can't even get out of bed, and then have NO CHOICE but to take whatever medicine the witchdoctor offers.

Last edited by rmmoore; 11-27-2009 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: content

Old 11-29-2009, 12:34 AM

47 posts, read 136,532 times
Whats one of the worst things our corrupt Gov. is doing is this. We have millions unemployed. it does not look as it is going to get any better til maybe 2011. Maybe. And yet, they will not enforce any laws on deporting the Millions of Illegal aliens we have here in this country, I cant even imagine how many jobs would be re-created if they just simply enforced the American Law they put in place. This is relative to all that is being dicussed here. Think about it. and the ones who arent discusted because of this, havent lost a job because of Illegals. They are replacing Americans at American jobs by the millions. The Crooks who employe these Illegals should have their *** kicked and business licenses revoked. Its all Greed. Like our Gov.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:03 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,936,036 times
Thread can't keep on track.

CLOSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming