Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:29 AM

424 posts, read 2,339,963 times

Advertisements

My son is six and a half, a first grader, and he has about 16 kids in his class too so that's similar. Except here they have a teachers aide in each classroom too. My older daughter is turning 4 and would love a good preschool program. My baby is almost 2 and would love to be in school too because she wants to be a big kid like her brother and sister, haha!

We're going to head up there this weekend to check things out, I'm excited! I think we'll be concentrating on mainly the south part of town as that's where my husband will be working if he gets the job. The reason I ask about bad neighborhoods is that some of the homes i see for sale online look like they're in a dumpy area.... maybe it's just not-pretty instead of actually dangerous?

Do you think we'll get a good feel for the wind this time of year? I know it's windy there. I've lived in windy places before, although i'm not sure how Laramie compares. What's your opinion of the wind? like I said, I'm used to cold and snow, but nobody's a big fan of wind of course. But we can deal with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 11:07 AM

992 posts, read 2,372,276 times
It hasn't been that windy lately. But I have experienced it and WHOA! We didn't have much wind in Houston, but we did in Austin. However, this wind is cold!!!

It's been mild in the wind factor lately, but we have had some very cold mornings. The sun makes up for it though-I sure love to see the sun shining.

Some of the houses look a little icky, and I'll say that there are some nice houses right smack next to some that are less desirable. There's not like a "bad" part of town, although I was told to stay away from the southwest part of town, mostly because a lot of students (Wyotech) live out there and there's a lot of loud cars, etc. That doesn't bother me, but that was the only warning that I got from folks up here.
Some would say West Laramie is "dumpy" but I like that there's more space to stretch out a bit. We're right by a park and that's just a huge plus for us. We're renting for a bit until we decide where we'd like to buy.

This is a good weekend to come-I think the weather is going to be favorable and there's a big football game...UW vs. TCU. TCU is undefeated!

How soon would y'all be moving if you moved up here?

-Betsy

Old 11-19-2009, 05:19 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,224,032 times
Unless you already have hotel reservations, better not plan on finding a room Friday or Saturday nights when there's a game in town. I did that once in Laramie -- ugh! We got a room, but we wouldn't walk across the carpet without shoes on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming