Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:42 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,962,205 times

Advertisements

CHICKEN ADOBO

-Filipino chicken with garlic
Adobo is the national dish of the Philippines. Most warm-weather countries have through the centuries developed recipes that preserve food while flavoring it. This dish is different than many because of its strong component of vinegar. It is at once sour, salty, and drenched in garlic.

Ingredients:
* 1/2 c. vinegar
* salt
* 1 to 2 bay leaves
* 3 to 4 lb. chicken
* 6-10 cloves crushed garlic
* 1/4 c. soy sauces
* 1 tsp. crushed peppercorns
* 1 c. diced pineapple

Instructions

1. Cut chicken into 3- to 4-inch pieces.
2. Combine chicken, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves, vinegar, soy sauce and 1/2 c. water in a large pot.
3. Heat until boiling and stir frequently.
4. Turn heat to medium and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4.a. 3. When the chicken looks cooked and tender, you may add pineapple chunks and simmer for about a minute.
5. Adjust flavor by adding more soy sauce or vinegar.
6. Serve with steamed rice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 05:16 PM

115 posts, read 273,501 times
Yum!

Old 02-02-2010, 03:34 PM

Default Chicken and Green Beans

Chicken and Green Beans

Ingredients
5 jalapeno peppers Slicded lengthways (canned in oil solution with carrots and onions)
5 or 6 carrot slices from jalapeno can
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 large potatoes quartered
3 handfuls of fresh green beans, cleaned and halved
3 chicken thighs, browned just enough to get most of the fat out
3 bacon slices browned slightly to get the oil out

Arrange beans, jalapeno slices, carrot slices, and onions in one end of a 9x13 oven proof pan

Top with bacon cut into 1/2 inch lengths.

Arrange lightly browned chicken across pan. Arrange quartered potatoe across pan.

Season potatoes, and chicken. Cover with tin foil and bake for 1 hour.
At the end of one hour, remove tin foil and put some bar-b-que sauce on the chicken. Place tin foil loosely on top again and bake for an additonal 30 minutes.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:26 PM

A couple of steaks. Cat. On the bar-b. So tender you can't believe it.

Went out this afternoon with Brent, brought home cat. It is so good....

Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,184,961 times
Cat? I have one here bugging me right now. Uhhhh... I think it's an angus steer cat. Are you in the market for more?

Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Cat? I have one here bugging me right now. Uhhhh... I think it's an angus steer cat. Are you in the market for more?
Ahhhh, no. This cat weighed 80 lbs. The only good cat is a dead cat.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:22 AM

This morning it was fry pan biscuits and gravy.

Regular store biscuits in a pop open roll. Lay them out on a cookie sheet or plate and let set for about 2 hours. Then throw them in bacon grease about 1/2 inch deep in a pan. Cook about 3 minutes and flip them over for about 3 minutes.

Hamburger, chopped bacon, chopped onion in a pan and brown. Throw in some flour, salt and pepper. Add milk slowly until you get the amount of gravy you want.

Pour over bisquits. Easy and quick, except for the biscuits setting on the counter. I put the biscuits out, then go feed horses. Come in and shower, and then cook breakfast. Works for me.

Also, I put salsa on it.

By the way. I don't use sausage because it's too expensive these days.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:54 AM

3,645 posts, read 6,255,146 times
[SIZE=3]Last night, hazel nut encrusted lamb racks, brows the meat side of the rack. , mix together Dijon mustard , Rose Mary, garlic and mint , brush on the meat and cover with finely chopped peeled hazel nuts , roast 28 to 38 min, let stand coved with foil 10 min. then there was praline pecans in mashed sweet potatoes, and asparagus . Fallowed later by sleepy time tea with big strawberries and a small éclair.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] The night before we had fried Jackson Hole mackinaw , couscous , peas and carrots, late coffee cake and a herb tea[/SIZE]

Old 02-27-2010, 10:44 AM

how to blow out your heart
[SIZE=3]Sue came and helps carry lambs to the barn(had a ram excape last september), then we went home and made a late breakfast together.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] I made a Hollandaise sauce, egg yokes, lemon juice, ¼ lb butter a little hot water and a dash of cayenne, over a double boiler. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Sue poached some eggs and fried some potatoes. I cooked some Canadian bacon and toasted some English muffins.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Eggs Benedict and home fries covered with the extra Hollandaise sauce. Was good , kind of rich with all the butter and eggs…can almost feel you arteries hardening [/SIZE]

Old 02-27-2010, 10:45 AM

how to blow out your heart
Sue came and helps carry lambs to the barn(had a ram excape last september), then we went home and made a late breakfast together.
I made a Hollandaise sauce, egg yokes, lemon juice, ¼ lb butter a little hot water and a dash of cayenne, over a double boiler.
Sue poached some eggs and fried some potatoes. I cooked some Canadian bacon and toasted some English muffins.
Eggs Benedict and home fries covered with the extra Hollandaise sauce. Was good , kind of rich with all the butter and eggs…can almost feel you arteries hardening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming