Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 07:53 AM

21 posts, read 71,380 times

Advertisements

Hi, I would love to hear from locals about what JH is like in the summer. We are thinking about a vacation there with our two children and were wondering about activities, visiting national parks and hotels. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 08:01 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,050,843 times
These links might help with some info:

Jackson The picture is interactive. Put your cursor on it and you can look 360 degrees, zoom in, zoom out, etc..

Jackson Chamber of Commerce

Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 PM

29 posts, read 90,464 times
It's very beautiful in town and the surrounding area.. I am not a local but worked in the YS Park for a summer and would go to JH on the weekends- there is a lot to do!! But seriously- the beauty is almost breath taking.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:24 PM

203 posts, read 712,746 times
also check with www.tripadvisor.com esp in the forums. There is a plethora of good info geared for visitors with places to stay and things to do. I think Jackson is a cool little town with great restaurants and shops.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 01-26-2010 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Fixed the link so they could just click on it.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:02 AM

620 posts, read 1,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
Hi, I would love to hear from locals about what JH is like in the summer. We are thinking about a vacation there with our two children and were wondering about activities, visiting national parks and hotels. Thanks
I'm not a local but my wife, two kids and I took a vacation to the area last summer. We rented a large modern log cabin in Star Valley and made several trips to Jackson. We visted Yellowstone - did the lower loop and had an awesome time. It was a long day - started out about 6:00 AM and got back to Star Valley around 10:00 PM. My kids were 7 and 5 and despite the travel they loved it as well.

On a seperate trip we went to Grand Teton which was at least as impressive as Yellowstone. Just fantastic. Spent an afternoon in Jackson doing the bungee and karts at Snow King, going through the shops, having dinner, and just having a great time.

I'm glad we stayed in Star Vally to get away from the crowds. In Star Valley there are no crowds just miles and miles of beautiful scenery, great hiking opportunities, horseback riding etc.

A great time was had by all of us. We flew into Salt Lake and drove from there.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:52 PM

63 posts, read 186,911 times
Lots to do in Jackson and the surrounding area. White water rafting, scenic rafting, fishing, hiking, rock climbing school, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, the tram at Jackson Hole Ski Resort.

Lots of good resturants, wonderful lodging at a price, and reasonable lodging at a reasonable price. The town square "shootout" most nights, a rodeo, art musems and art galleries.

It generally is cool to cold in June, and can be cool at anytime. Occaisonally July and Aug can get into the nineties. Great expensive golf courses.

A fun place to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming