U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-02-2010, 04:17 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,696,406 times

Advertisements

Came across this article. At least I'm not opposed to using the money for something good, but I guess I was under the presumption that Wyoming was scoffing at using the stimulus monies.

anyway, the article says that the " bicycle pathway along North Highway 89 received $1 million in funding while the irrigation project received $4.3 million."

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regio...6256c874f.html

What do you think? good or bad? Is it really necessary (the bike path... as I would think that irrigation of any sort in WY is a good thing)?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 06:09 PM

6,924 posts, read 9,192,794 times
Probably both are worthwhile projects. When driving through Yellowstone and Jackson Hole, I've often thought bike paths were needed. Especially in Yellowstone, the highways are narrow, curvy, hilly and busy. Drivers of cars, motor homes, and pickups pulling giant campers are gawking at the scenery and wildlife, and snuggled in amongst all the traffic are the bicyclers, usually unable to keep up with motorized traffic and often unable to pull off to let them pass. Biking in Yellowstone has got to be a very dangerous activity, yet enthusiasts do it because seeing the park from your bicycle must be a great experience.

I'll never use them, but I'm glad to see a bike path going in. I hope it's expanded into and all around Yellowstone. It would be a great addition to the parks.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:33 PM

2,056 posts, read 2,207,661 times
The Bike path is for Jackson. They have then thru town and South and west of town now they want one north..... They are not getting enough money from thier 6th cent sales tax to all the projects they want, so they use stimulis money.
Group tried to push paved path thru the valley here , gee asked them gee loss of over 5 acres of production on my place, I get to still pay taxes on it plus dogs and people.But if you develope and the path is drawn thru your property you have to put it in even if it will never attach to the rest of the path. They had them drawn along canal right of ways, I can see kids drowning and the canal Co being held liable....

Old 05-02-2010, 06:35 PM

2,056 posts, read 2,207,661 times
I see there is a Grand Teton National Park's bike path being plan that the city system would hook into some day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming