U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:23 PM

4 posts, read 7,079 times
Default Question about Hanover Place community (in Fort Mill)

I was recently transferred to Charlotte, NC from just outside of Philly for work. My wife and I will be moving in the coming months to the area with our 2 small children. After our trip to the area 2 weeks ago, we fell in love with Fort Mill.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts on the Hanover Place community. We found a home on Eagles Nest Lane, but wanted to get some better information about that community. Anything that you can share with us would be great!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 01:38 PM

737 posts, read 1,364,369 times
Town home?

Old 06-22-2010, 01:50 PM

Yes, it is a Townhome. We are interested in reviews of the neighborhood and surrounding area if possible....

Thanks,

Old 06-23-2010, 01:32 AM

603 posts, read 1,257,311 times
Hanover is in the Lancaster County area of Fort Mill (actually called Indian Land) It is in a fantastic location on 521. There is a new Walmart and Aldi's opening up and it is convenient to Ballantyne and Blakeny Areas. The School district is Indian Land ...not Fort Mill.

The develpoment was built by Portrait Homes and has 296 units. Portait Homes took a lot of short cuts while building the develpoments and the construction is not the best however it's really not bad (the HOA has done a decent job of repairing a lot of the deficiencies) Eagle Nest homes are the 1st homes built in the community (they are actually the models) The monthly maintanence is $125, which includes landscaping, trash, exterior maintanence, and pool. The community has just switched management companies (from Cedar to William Douglas) so we will see how that works out. The landscaping is really nice and the HOA tries hard to keep the community clean, and well kept. They recently installed a playground for neighborhood children in the rear of the community. there is a pretty good mix of ages and races in the community.

Eagle Nest is around the pool..so keep in mind during the summer it's busy by the pool however the pool is big and well maintained. We do have an issue of people entering the pool area that do not live in the community and don't care about it's upkeep. Also you have the other usual annoyances (people not picking up after their dogs) that occur when you have 296 families living in 1 area. There are a lot of renters in the develpoement as well.

Keep in mind, this is a townhome community and the HOA has rules and regulations about parking garbage cans, and a lot of other things. Some people do not like living with those restrictions (personally I like it). Anyhow, you might want to check out the community website at:
Hanover Community, Indian Land, SC

Overall, it's a great location and a good neighborhood.
If I can answer anything else for you...please let me know.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:02 AM

603 posts, read 1,257,311 times
BTW: I am not a real estate agent or anything. I actually live in the community. I've lived there for 3years and really like it. I have great neighbors and I have had no major issues with my home or anything. Really the only negative I can come up with is that parking for guests can sometimes be a pain in the butt. Are you looking to rent or buy in the community? Where your perspective home is there is a decent amount of parking. I absolutely love the location of the community too!

Old 06-23-2010, 08:18 AM

wow. that is a great review...thank you very much!

At this point, since we are just moving to the area, we have opted to rent for atleast a year to make sure that we are in the right spot. We also own a home up here in PA, which we will be renting, so this will give us an opportunity to see how that plays out as well.

Is there anything else that we should be concerned about with that area? Schools look good, which is a key for us with 2 small children.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:49 PM

79 posts, read 83,063 times
I live in the community as well and have been for 6 months now. My wife and I rent and love it here. It's convenient to everything you could possibly need in the way of shopping, fun, etc. The neighborhood is extremely quiet and most of my neighbors are very friendly. There are plenty of renters in the community and was a great move from the Ballantyne area just up the road.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:15 PM

161 posts, read 278,604 times
I wouldn't be bragging about the large number of rentals in your townhome community. I live in Windsor Trace, another Portrait Homes community on 521 in Indian Land. After many, many problems with tennants in the large number of rentals in WT, the HOA finally (too late, I'm afraid) enacted a rental freeze, which apparently is very hard to enforce, but we're trying. Ohterwise, we seem to be facing the same issues homeowners in Hanover face, but I won't suggest you look for a rental in Windsor Trace.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:30 PM

79 posts, read 83,063 times
I'm not bragging as I myself am a renter. Simply giving feedback on the neighborhood as I live here and have noticed quite a bit of "For Rent" signs. I do however love the neighborhood and it makes a perfect place for my wife and I before we purchase a home within the next year.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,785 times
Please do your research before moving. If I could sell my home right now, I would in a heartbeat. This was my husband and I first home purchase and it hasn’t been a great experience at all. The neighborhood is beautiful but the HOA can make your life here miserable.
Please do your research!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties