Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 04:43 AM

2 posts, read 5,360 times

Advertisements

They are left out 24/7 and live in a plastic barrels, one is tethered and there is two four by six fence around four. Dogs two in each cage. And the dog **** is piling up so bad we smell it and can't open windows because of flies. Animal control has been out and put a tag on the house and I called four times and don't care if I'm anonymous. The owner said hunting dogs fall under a different categories here in SC. So looks like he can have them and let them suffer like we do here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 05:12 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsh5170j View Post
They are left out 24/7 and live in a plastic barrels, one is tethered and there is two four by six fence around four. Dogs two in each cage. And the dog **** is piling up so bad we smell it and can't open windows because of flies. Animal control has been out and put a tag on the house and I called four times and don't care if I'm anonymous. The owner said hunting dogs fall under a different categories here in SC. So looks like he can have them and let them suffer like we do here.
I wouldn’t believe anything the owner says. I’ve never heard of different rules for hunting dogs, a dog is a dog. There may be nothing you can do about them barking, but the feces piling up is certainly neglect.

If all else fails, you can take the neighbor to court for public nuisance.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:30 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,429,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
You need to look for another house if you haven't already closed on the deal. If you complain to the owner's, they aren't going to be happy with you. You're the new kid. Their life was fine until you showed up.

As for the cops showing up because of loud music late at night, ummmm don't you think they have better things to be doing at 1 am? Like watching for drunk drivers, drug deals, prostitution, robberies, etc? You may not like the noise, but they also have rights. Maybe get an iPod and sleep with the earbuds in.

You certainly do have a lot of noise issues with this house. I really would look for somewhere else to live. Chances are that the noise isn't going to stop because you arrive. In fact, things might get worse if you complain.
I agree, if you haven't closed on the house and can get out of any contract you signed then run. These people are only trouble and it won't change.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:03 PM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Remedies vary inside and outside the city limits. The Humane Society can help, DHEC can verify the pets have current rabies shots and public nuisance laws are a benefit. If you have specific questions don't hesitate to ask.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:16 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,418,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Hs anyone used the above device?
It
says
good up to 100 feet, and these dogs I have are only
25-30 feet away = sounds good.
But, it says it does not work on all dogs = not so good.
Then it says it might take 2-3 weeks to work = not so good with the warranty only 30 days.
It's worth the expense in my case.

Wondered if anyone had tried it?
They do not work.

Old 10-12-2019, 03:17 AM

1 posts, read 550 times
This is simple. Talk to the neighbors. If nothing is done you take care of it yourself. Move because of dogs? Areuserious??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties