U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:02 AM

37 posts, read 63,659 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if the kids will be trick or treating on Saturday night instead of Sunday night (Halloween night)? I've tried googling but not really finding anything.
Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM

797 posts, read 1,157,356 times
Not sure how everyone is doing it..but my water bill comes with a flyer that discusses community happenings and it suggested that parents take their kids trick or treating on Saturday instead of Sunday. Our local police and fire departments are handing out treats on Saturday.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:23 PM

5,268 posts, read 5,604,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbailey View Post
Does anyone know if the kids will be trick or treating on Saturday night instead of Sunday night (Halloween night)? I've tried googling but not really finding anything.
Thanks in advance!!
what is a good time to let it end, by turning off the porch light....9pm or 8pm or..?

I've been in a mobile home park and no tricksters in there, so this is my first Halloween, in a house, and it happens to fall on a Sunday.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:59 PM

9,193 posts, read 5,135,312 times
Trick or treating has been slim the last few years. So many churches and neighborhoods have planned activities, costume contests, games and candy for the kids to keep them safe and off the streets. Of course there is nothing wrong with trick or treating in your own neighborhood.

Rock Hill will be having their 9th Annual Boo-Ha-Ha:

9th Annual Boo-HaHa | Facebook

On into the month other groups will be announcing their events. Tega Cay Baptist Church usually has something going on and it's free. You don't have to be a member they welcome everyone.

From all the info I have looked at it seems T & T will be Saturday night.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 PM

9,193 posts, read 5,135,312 times
^^^^Bump^^^

Old 10-11-2010, 08:22 PM

38 posts, read 61,170 times
Default what?

Halloween has always been on the 31st, I don't understand why you would ask this question. If kids show up on Sat. I would think they are trying to scam extra candy.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:23 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,415,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
what is a good time to let it end, by turning off the porch light....9pm or 8pm or..?

I've been in a mobile home park and no tricksters in there, so this is my first Halloween, in a house, and it happens to fall on a Sunday.
I usually shut it off at 8 PM, depending on how old the kids are at that time. Once I start getting only kids that are at the age they shouldn't be T or T any more, I turn it off.

And I will be passing out candy ONLY on the 31st, I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

If you live in an area with a lot of kids, be prepared! Don't open all your candy bags so you can return what is unopened. Or you can just eat it LOL

Fort Mill will also be having a festival downtown on Friday the 29th:
http://www.movefortmillforward.com/FortMillFallFestival.asp (broken link)

Old 10-12-2010, 09:27 AM

529 posts, read 694,664 times
+1 WillmissAH. I will be handing out candy on Sunday. The last Sunday halloween I was all ready for the trick or treaters on Saturday and they trickled in. I got hammered Sunday the 31st.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:18 AM

2,524 posts, read 1,662,951 times
We only hand out on Oct 31. Never any other day.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM

386 posts, read 511,421 times
I'm with leaving Halloween as it should be on it's ACTUAL day... October 31st! That way - NO confusion! Seriously - why change it? And personally - I hate all the festivals on Halloween night (well... hate's a strong word... not hate... just bothered by them). I'm old fashioned and enjoy the kids in the neighborhood going door to door - LOVE seeing the costumes! Where I come from there was always a "code". If someone's porch light was on - then it was a "go". If someone's porch light was off - you didn't go to that house. And I end candy giving at 8:00. That's when the porch light goes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties