U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 AM

8 posts, read 29,848 times
Default Baxter vs. others

We moved to Ft Mill in May and live in a new development about 1.5 miles from Baxter called Walden Park. The houses are similar in architecture, but on bigger lots (between .25 and .5 acres). The streetscaping is very nice and feels roomy. The builder, Brentwood Homes, also has a community called Lynnwood Farms in which all the lots are at least an acre. You could check them out at Brentwood Homes - South Carolina Home Builder

Good luck in your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 11:27 AM
R&R

18 posts, read 41,639 times
Hi! Our family is considering a move to Fort Mill and I did a lot of internet checking before we visited in August. We spent quite a bit of time in Baxter and loved how cute and friendly it all seemed. But, the bottom line is that the houses are more expensive/rooms are smaller and the lots are smaller. We saw a number of teenagers inside the icecream shop in the town center(this seems to be a hangout for them)and people were very friendly overall. However, we decided that we'd rather not actually live in this community but would most likely visit some of stores and places in it frequently. It is a huge lifestyle decision living there and one we weren't willing to make. We looked at many of the subdivisions mentioned on this forum including Lakeshore , Calloway and Meadowview Village in Tega Cay as well as others in Fort Mill (Walden Park, The Reserve at Gold Hill, Sutton Place, Knightsbridge, Spicewood, etc. They all have their supporters but I guess it depends on what you're looking for. We wanted a nicer family neighborhood with amenities such as pool, playground,etc that had good schools(Seems like all the schools are good in Fort Mill/Tega Cay areas)and with a bit larger lot size- perhaps 1/3- 1/2 acre on a more level lot. Since we probably won't be moving until next summer, we may consider building a home. When you go there to visit, check out the Fair Oak subdivision by Ryan Homes. It's located off 160- Pleasant Rd/Altura Rd. Square footage was good, lots were bigger and it had a good feel to it. South/North Carolina is beautiful with lots of hills and green open spaces and we're hoping it stays that way. Have fun checking out all the subdivisions

Old 08-26-2007, 07:31 AM

80 posts, read 227,769 times
We are here, have been in Baxter for four weeks, and we love it. My 9th grade daughter started high school brand new and rated her first day a '10'. Baxter is really friendlly and I don't think you can go wrong in here. Mostly young families. We bought a spec, and we love our builder, Saussy Burbank too. As I've said in other posts, very professional, great service, even after the sale. But get a home inspector. There is a new 4 BR w/ bonus for sale across the street... Big kitchen and Greatroom. nice floorplan.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:58 AM

104 posts, read 232,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerMom811 View Post
We are here, have been in Baxter for four weeks, and we love it. My 9th grade daughter started high school brand new and rated her first day a '10'. Baxter is really friendlly and I don't think you can go wrong in here. Mostly young families. We bought a spec, and we love our builder, Saussy Burbank too. As I've said in other posts, very professional, great service, even after the sale. But get a home inspector. There is a new 4 BR w/ bonus for sale across the street... Big kitchen and Greatroom. nice floorplan.
Do you know what the asking price is?

Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 AM

41 posts, read 135,874 times
Default knightsbridge sub

what builder builds here and what prices

Old 08-28-2007, 01:43 PM

425 posts, read 1,033,361 times
Default search suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat 1949 View Post
what builder builds here and what prices
Hi- Not sure of the builder but although we did not use them I found the web site for Allen tate realtors Allen Tate Family of Companies to be very useful to look for what is on the market by neighborhood. Some listings do have builder

Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM

41 posts, read 135,874 times
Default knightbridge

what builder builds here

Old 08-28-2007, 07:38 PM

16 posts, read 30,839 times
We're currently considering moving to Baxter. There is a new phase in Baxter that is under development where the lots are larger. They average anywhere from .15 - .50 of an acre. This phase is not a close walk to all of the shops and such but is much more typical of a traditional neighborhood. The two custom builders in the neighborhood seem to have the larger lot options but I think you could get something in your price range with them. Worth looking into. The neighborhood is beautiful and appears to be full of kids. Another beautiful neighborhood is Springfield. I think these are custom homes and you'd have to check on the prices...may be more than you're wanting to spend. Worth a look though b/c it's an awesome area. Good luck!

Old 08-29-2007, 04:22 PM

389 posts, read 993,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat 1949 View Post
what builder builds here
Knightsbridge is built out, I believe. You can find resales in there, but I think they've been done with new construction for a few years.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:19 AM

16 posts, read 37,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerMom811 View Post
Do you happen to know the MLS# on the house? It sounds like what we may be looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties